Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gard
    And how do you come to the conclusion that it's based on only one driver? this will only be the result of departure of a big sponsor and the main attraction. Do you believe organisers have huge amount of money? This would only be the last nail in the coffin
    Surely a proper organiser would have an agreement with their major sponsor before organising an event? Perhaps if Rally Norway needs Petter to survive then it's not really all that viable. Look at the Finns for example, they don't have any properly good drivers ( ) and still their event runs without problems
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    And we never will have good drivers. Hence, nothing unexpected will happen. So it's easy to build a rally around that
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rally Norway is not happy with Subarus decision, but the event will surely go as planned, with or without Petter Solberg (and actually most people here in Norway seems to think that Petter will be on the startline in february...).

Rally Norway had a disastrous first event in 2007, economywise - losing appr. 2,5 mill. Euros. In sporting terms it was a great success. As I`m sure it will be in 2009. Last reports tells that the organisers have been very effective in cutting costs for the coming event, and changes to the itinerary - with all stages being run twice on the same day - will make it even more attractive for paying spectators. IMO Rally Norway is not at all in any danger of being cancelled!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    IMO Rally Norway is not at all in any danger of being cancelled!
    Thats good news, long time commitment and never to stop developing the event is the key to a good rally.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Surely a proper organiser would have an agreement with their major sponsor before organising an event? Perhaps if Rally Norway needs Petter to survive then it's not really all that viable. Look at the Finns for example, they don't have any properly good drivers ( ) and still their event runs without problems
    I couldn't agree more. I'm no businessmen, but it's ridiculous as a business model, surely, to base your whole venture on one person being there? I'm not saying that this is what Norway has done, and from Iskald's post it appears as if it hasn't, but it's more of a general point. I very much doubt that the Swedish Rally only survived because of people like Blomqvist, Eklund, Ericsson and Eriksson taking part. It did so because it was a good event. Even today, I don't see why anything else is required. The same could be said of Rally GB, Germany and a host of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Thats good news, long time commitment and never to stop developing the event is the key to a good rally.
    Absolutely. It then builds up into something that is just a good rally, full stop.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gard
    When Subaru are one of the biggest sponsors and the spectators come to see Petter (and the others). what do you think will happen?
    Are you talking of Rally Norway? If so, Subaru (Norge) is no sponsor of the event at all. I'm not 100% sure, but i belive there talk going on to secure Foresters for FIA Security, 0-cars and so on, but no money.

Take a look at the bottom of their page, http://www.rallynorway.no, and you will se the sponsors they have as of today.

And, I think Petter will start Rally Norway
    Norwegian Motorsport Supporter Team
    Rallyfans does it with a flying finnish.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Monday: Suzuki pull out of WRC
    Tuesday: Subaru pull out of WRC
    Wednesday: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=7568

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Monday: Suzuki pull out of WRC
    Tuesday: Subaru pull out of WRC
    Wednesday: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=7568
    Time, surely, to merge the IRC and the WRC forthwith?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Time, surely, to merge the IRC and the WRC forthwith?
    and take the IRC down with ****ty rules? No thanks
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.