Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    The real problem with these teams withdrawing is the sad fact that there are 'normal guys' - the ones with families to feed and mortgages to pay are losing their jobs.
    Thats offcourse true and sad.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glee
    Norwegain TV NRK does also report the rumors from Finnish MTV3.

They however also states that: "Petter Solberg", who Sunday broke his arm during a promotional mission in the Italian Bologna, will not comment on the information from the Finnish TV-channel further".

Broke his arm?
    Petter with broken arm! What next?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    The real problem with these teams withdrawing is the sad fact that there are 'normal guys' - the ones with families to feed and mortgages to pay are losing their jobs.
    That is a bummer yes.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Go faster in his F-cup BMW, and have more fun, too!
    Thats true, how did you know?
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Go faster in his F-cup BMW, and have more fun, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Thats true, how did you know?
    I have been following GroupF for years and trying to spread the word about it as THE MODEL of what other countries should be trying to build up as the foundation of National Rallysport. I have posted countless links, references, photos, links to forums here in USA with photos like this:

This strong belief in the miraculous healing powers of good hard fights in deep deep start fields contrast strongly with the contempt and disgust at the more common North American "fan-boy" belief that having a few rich guys buy rides and then no matter what they do, you promote it endlessly calling it "AMAZING" and the drivers "phenomenons" and "SUPERSTARS!!!!!!!" as we see endlessly on US forums.

Now I know what hard fights and what speed looks like, I have been fast myself and when I get answers like "I'm a very competitive person, therefore..." (blah ha blah ha but essentially "therefore I go out and buy the baddest spec cars available") and there's no way I could fight for victory in some old Volvo (or Toyota or whatever) and have made a point to dig up the WRC results of thefew North Americans who have dared enter a few WRC events, then see the gap to any Finns in PWRC or GpN4, then try and compare how THOSE GpN guys have done on events at home when there are F-cup cars.
    When we see there's barely any significant difference between some of the N4 boys and some of the F-cup I provide links or suggest folks dig and see that well built, well driven F-cup cars are SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the absolute top US and Canadian drivers.
    So...

One little sarcastic comment in the thread right here about Sordo doing the Finnish event as a warm up to VM and Gardemeister being there in the nice BMW and one of you wise-guys posted links to the event and stage times and well there it is in black and white Toni about 1,4 sek/km off Sordos time.
    Can't remember who it was that said "He ought to put the Suzuki stickers on the F-cup car because he's closer to Sordo's time with the Bee Em."

You should have seen the huge creative excuses a co-driver for one of the "Top" US drivers came up with why Garde might be so close. What he said in short was Sordo was probably just cruising real easy and Gardemeister was probably going 110%" blah blah.
    Whatever!!!!
    Still doesn't explain why he and his driver finish 45-55 minutes behind the top GpN guys in those few PWRC events they've done.

And that 45-55minutes behind the top GpN guys means 1 hour plus to Gardemeister in the Suzuki, and he can go just as fast in the BMW meaning there are Finns in rwd cars who would beat them by more than an hour in a typical VW length rally..

Some "Superstars" ! Quite "phenomenal".

I say the F in F-cup stands for "Future" and stands for FUN!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    many good words
    agree
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Someone know what suzuki did with those cars after quiting wrc?
    they had atleast 6 cars. Just keeping them in garage or they sell some cars too?

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Monster Tajima recently had demo run in SX4 in Tokyo, Japan, so I assume Suzuki factory has at least one car in their garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qiAkL0oWD8
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Ok Thanks guys. pin: