Page 435 of 473 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 4721
    Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    The reason for measuring hundreds of seconds is in the length of each stage. Except one stage the length of none exceeded 2,5 km!
    Interesting. How does the start timing work? Do they use the actual time the car breaks the start timing beam - like in a sprint or hillclimb, or do they use the allocated start time and give a penalty for breaking the beam early - like most rallies?

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Interesting. How does the start timing work? Do they use the actual time the car breaks the start timing beam - like in a sprint or hillclimb, or do they use the allocated start time and give a penalty for breaking the beam early - like most rallies?
    I've checked with one of the participants : the starting procedure was ordinary as on normal rallyies.
    This driver also noticed, that some drivers (starting in front of him) started already one seconds before green light appered on the starting light (and nobody received a penalty!), on the other hand he has started always on "0", that is already 13 sec of delay (13 stages)......

3. Likes: the sniper (23rd December 2020)
    Thanks Ucci.

That timing method does make the driver's start of the stage critical and good timekeeping even more important than usual to report anyone breaking the beam early.
    A lot of national level compeitors in UK say don't wait for zero always go on 1 because you won't get a penalty. It's true because the penaly in UK national rules is 1 minute for a false start (FIA is 10 seconds for the first time) so many organisers won't give 1 minute penalty for 1 second at the start. These competitors then have a shock on international rallies when they find they get 10 seconds added the first time and then 1 minute added the second time.
    Last edited by Steve Boyd; 24th December 2020 at 01:00.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Thanks Ucci.

That timing method does make the driver's start of the stage critical and good timekeeping even more important than usual to report anyone breaking the beam early.
    A lot of national level compeitors in UK say don't wait for zero always go on 1 because you won't get a penalty. It's true because the penaly in UK national rules is 1 minute for a false start (FIA is 10 seconds for the first time) so many organisers won't give 1 minute penalty for 1 second at the start. These competitors then have a shock on international rallies when they find they get 10 seconds added the first time and then 1 minute added the second time.
    I dont know how is it in UK, but on international scene (and also in Czech for example) there are photocells 40 cm behind the start line and they are connected to printer and clocks. It is automatic process and if there is jump start, it is printed and no other chance than to give penalty. But for sure, photocell is not just on start line, so if you start just before zero and cross the line earlier (but in time for line of photocell), it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I dont know how is it in UK, but on international scene (and also in Czech for example) there are photocells 40 cm behind the start line and they are connected to printer and clocks. It is automatic process and if there is jump start, it is printed and no other chance than to give penalty. But for sure, photocell is not just on start line, so if you start just before zero and cross the line earlier (but in time for line of photocell), it is ok.
    Hi Pluto
    Many events in the UK, but not all, have a timing beam on the start line but the regulations say that a jump start, even with a beam, has to be reported by the timekeeper. It is then a Clerk of the Course decision whether to apply a penalty. As the standard penalty in the UK is 1 minute (not 10 s) many clerks don't apply the penalty unless the report and the clocks show 2 seconds or more. This makes stage timing to 0.1 seconds nonsense and frustrates me. Having worked in results on many events to both UK and FIA regulations, I much prefer the FIA system.

Hi Pluto
    Many events in the UK, but not all, have a timing beam on the start line but the regulations say that a jump start, even with a beam, has to be reported by the timekeeper. It is then a Clerk of the Course decision whether to apply a penalty. As the standard penalty in the UK is 1 minute (not 10 s) many clerks don't apply the penalty unless the report and the clocks show 2 seconds or more. This makes stage timing to 0.1 seconds nonsense and frustrates me. Having worked in results on many events to both UK and FIA regulations, I much prefer the FIA system.
    Yes, FIA system is much better. In case of jump start, it is very easy to say if it is jump start or not. Zero tolerance, you should start on exact time and anything before (it just can be 0,1) is jump start. I think that ability to make correct start in time (not early, but also not so much late) is part of drivers quality. Keep decision on CoC if he wants to give penalty or not is quite crazy... Despite I agree that 1 minute penalty for first jump start is quite too much.

8. Likes: pantealex (28th December 2020)
    Liked 299 Times in 210 Posts
    Opening of the 2021 rallies season in Italy this weekend

Adria Rally Show + Rally del Carnevale

Many Rally2 cars on both events

Not less than ten Peugeot 208 Rally4 on Adria RS
    The car becomes this season the official one of the Peugeot cups(Top)

You can follow these events on http://ewrc-results.com/ (my favourite live results website)

I was on Adria Rally Show. Not so bad, but stages only on circuit (and partly on kart circuit and one mickey mouse part on parking). For me the biggest problem was big breaks between stages - almost three hours. It was like hillclimb, more waiting than competing...

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I was on Adria Rally Show. Not so bad, but stages only on circuit (and partly on kart circuit and one mickey mouse part on parking). For me the biggest problem was big breaks between stages - almost three hours. It was like hillclimb, more waiting than competing...
    Pluto, nice to hear that you were present on Adria Rally Show
    Shame for our guy, Boštjan Avbelj, who had puncture on 1st stage and lost awful time.....otherwise he could end on podium.
    Fabrizio Fontana drove Fiesta WRC+, who's car is this?

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Pluto, nice to hear that you were present on Adria Rally Show
    Shame for our guy, Boštjan Avbelj, who had puncture on 1st stage and lost awful time.....otherwise he could end on podium.
    Fabrizio Fontana drove Fiesta WRC+, who's car is this?
    I wasn't there but I guess it's from Italian team GMA (I think this is the name of the team).