Page 1 of 182 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Italian Rally News

Kind of surprise-Luca Rossetti, this year champion in Italy has signed for next season with Abarth Team. He will drive together with Umberto Scandola in Italy (CIR), Basso will represent Abarth in IRC !!
    It will be interesting to see, where will end Andrea Navarra (maybe Ralliart Evo10 or even Corsa S2000)??
    And what is the future in case of Andreucci (rumours about Fabia S2000), Travaglia, Gamba, Cantamessa...???
    ucci

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Anyone know the reason why No17 is not used in italian rallies?
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis View Post
    Anyone know the reason why No17 is not used in italian rallies?
    Most Italians thinks, is a number which brings bad luck
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 297 Times in 209 Posts
    There are rumours of presence of Bryan Bouffier and Luca Rossetti in Sanremo, next round of CIR

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    There are rumours of presence of Bryan Bouffier and Luca Rossetti in Sanremo, next round of CIR
    Maybe testing Citroen R5?

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Very interesting entry list for 38. Rally Mille Miglia (valid for Campionato Italiano Rally WRC-former TRA):
    http://www.rally1000miglia.it/pdf/elenco_iscritti.pdf

Some drivers will be for the first time in a WRC car (Bianco, Signor) and Pedersoli is coming back!

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Could somebody from Italy explain to me why there are two such championships alongside in Italy? There is Italian IRC and this new C.I.WRC championship. Where are pros and cons of these two championships in comparison? Which one is better? To be honest I am little bit lost :-)
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    There used to be only one championship in Italy - Campionato Italiano Rally (C.I.R.). Now Tropheo Rally Asfalto (T.R.A.) was re-branded to championship so they have two. All the rest is trophies and cups (dozens). Czech republic has 6x less citizen and maybe 10x less rally events despite that we (Czechs) have 2 championships as well and in 2007 we had even 3. Basically it's same like here. The intenational championship has better driver quality but the national one has WRC, national or old cars allowed. The Italian IRC is just a cup of minor importance.

I don't count any historic events...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    There used to be only one championship in Italy - Campionato Italiano Rally (C.I.R.). Now Tropheo Rally Asfalto (T.R.A.) was re-branded to championship so they have two. All the rest is trophies and cups (dozens). Czech republic has 6x less citizen and maybe 10x less rally events despite that we (Czechs) have 2 championships as well and in 2007 we had even 3. Basically it's same like here. The intenational championship has better driver quality but the national one has WRC, national or old cars allowed. The Italian IRC is just a cup of minor importance.

I don't count any historic events...
    I wouldn't consider Italian IRC so unimportant-main ''attraction'' are quite high money incentives, drivers like Longhi, Sossela, F.Re, Corrado Fontana, Albertini, Crungola, Michelini (and many more...) were or are still competing in this series...and yes, most important-WRC, S1600, kit-car's, A8...everything is permitted...