View Poll Results: Will Honda ever return to F1 ?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 75.86%
  • No

14 24.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will Honda ever return to F1?

Would really appreciate if one of the moderators here could make this into a poll - many thanks in advance.

So, if the economy eventually starts to settle down, and F1 do dramatically reduce costs, as motorsport, Honda themselves have always admitted, is such a strong part of their DNA, and that Honda Japan have a habit of sending their engineers to work within the F1 department to gain technical expertise to then transfer this back to other divisions of the group......question is.....realistically, does anyone expect Honda to ever be back in F1.......lets say, within the next 10 years?

As with Renault, Honda have had many different chapters/spells in their F1 history so if they ever did come back, having sold a whole Works team, it would be hard to think they would choose to come back, if they ever did as a scale of a full Works operation and I imagine it would more likely be an as engine partner to another team.

So, will we ever see Honda back in F1 within the next 10 years?

Yes or No?
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    who cares

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Who knows? Who cares? Will there be F1 in a couple of years?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Possibly but not for a while. I've always stated that F1 is too reliant on manufacturers, I'd much rather see more privateer teams as they're less likely to disappear overnight with no warning.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    Would really appreciate if one of the moderators here could make this into a poll - many thanks in advance.

So, if the economy eventually starts to settle down, and F1 do dramatically reduce costs, as motorsport, Honda themselves have always admitted, is such a strong part of their DNA, and that Honda Japan have a habit of sending their engineers to work within the F1 department to gain technical expertise to then transfer this back to other divisions of the group......question is.....realistically, does anyone expect Honda to ever be back in F1.......lets say, within the next 10 years?

As with Renault, Honda have had many different chapters/spells in their F1 history so if they ever did come back, having sold a whole Works team, it would be hard to think they would choose to come back, if they ever did as a scale of a full Works operation and I imagine it would more likely be an as engine partner to another team.

So, will we ever see Honda back in F1 within the next 10 years?

Yes or No?
    I have an easier time believing that Honda will return to F1 in 10 or so years, than Max or Bernie will be running F1 in 10 or so years.

Most of the global economy will rebound. And IMO, Honda will be just fine. It's hard to say where F1 is going. But if F1 is (still) worth being in, I'd say Honda will be there (return) when the time is right.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Honda has always been interested in RACING !!!

I believe that Honda will be back... possibly as an engine supplier..

but it may NOT be in Formula One....

As long as the two Stooges are in control.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well Let's see,

They started in 1963, left in 1968, then they started again in 1983, and left in 1992, then they came back in 2000 and are leaving again in 2008.

Yep! They'll be back!
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    They will be back in two years. And I can say, without any fear of contradiction that nobody will remember that I said so.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trumperZ06
    Honda has always been interested in RACING !!!

I believe that Honda will be back... possibly as an engine supplier..

but it may NOT be in Formula One....

As long as the two Stooges are in control.

Well, they've always got the IRL to fall back on.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    F1 is rapidly becoming a Spec. Series, there will be no F1 to come back to....