Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    This is something which has been puzzling for me all the time. How on Earth could they be happy with this? If I was them I either go for it fully or I don't bother spend any money at all.
    I quite agree; in the end, it seems as if they're possibly somewhere in between.....

However, I've seen some comments that suggest they put as little in as possible - if M-Sport are unsuccessful, then it's not cost Ford too much; whereas if M-Sport win/do well, then it reflects well on Ford who can bask in any glory.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: AnttiL (27th October 2021)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Yes, it seems that since it's MSport competing and not "Ford WRT" they do it like Andy says.

After Goodwood this year with Ford execs present I had some hope Ford is more serious with the Puma, but since then it seems like it's "same old" and they are just going for max PR for least money.

That's imo basically the story with Loeb as well and reason why he most likely doesn't pay. Sure his development feedback is likely usefull, but it's not like he is the only driver ever involved in developing a fast car (the most dominant car in last 15 years was udoubtedly Polo). But when he tests the car or starts, massive PR is assumed.
    Funnily enough I would say PR value diminishes if he starts too many rallies and doesn't fight for top spots in them. (see his PR value from Sweden 2019 for example). So there's imo very little chance that he will do more than some 4-5 rounds.

Liked 337 Times in 178 Posts
    Ok, at least now its clear.

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    Mikkelsen - and Veiby - will do Azores Rallye (TER Series this year). Both driving Fabia RS - Toksport/RaceSeven.

7. Likes: RS (13th March 2023)
    Liked 146 Times in 56 Posts
    Following his all-or-nothing drive this weekend, Andreas Mikkelsen warrants some attention. What is clear is that he has been driving well within his capabilities, with the championship his main prerogative. Unlike Oliver Solberg, he has been measured and cautious all through.

With the gloves off, he does look the best available option should a short-term Rally1 option emerge. Not only does he have the experience, but he did prove the speed is not gone.

9. Likes: skarderud (11th September 2023),Typ85 (11th September 2023),WUff1 (13th September 2023)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 240RS View Post
    Following his all-or-nothing drive this weekend, Andreas Mikkelsen warrants some attention. What is clear is that he has been driving well within his capabilities, with the championship his main prerogative. Unlike Oliver Solberg, he has been measured and cautious all through.

With the gloves off, he does look the best available option should a short-term Rally1 option emerge. Not only does he have the experience, but he did prove the speed is not gone.
    i agree. it's a mystery to me why none of the manufacturers seem to have any interest in him.

11. Likes: skarderud (11th September 2023),Typ85 (11th September 2023)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i agree. it's a mystery to me why none of the manufacturers seem to have any interest in him.
    Me too, maybe because he deny bringing money.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Thatīs true! Andreas should get one more chance at the top level.

14. Likes: Typ85 (11th September 2023)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Thatīs true! Andreas should get one more chance at the top level.
    Yes, if subaru actually are seriously planing a comeback, Mikkelsen has to be on theire shortlist.

M-sport next year is probably bad both economic, and a sporting point of wiew?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

16. Likes: Typ85 (11th September 2023)