Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Good question. I don't think he has motivation to repeat this season again. If he can't get a Rally1 deal, will he search for new career paths outside WRC? Rallycross, Extreme E, Rally raids?

2. Likes: lancia037 (25th October 2021),Mirek (25th October 2021),pantealex (25th October 2021),TWRC (26th October 2021)
    Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Maybe now Red Bull will find him a seat in World RX now that they are also promoter of that as well as WRC.

I mean, they did use him as the test driver for the new electric car...

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    He said he doesn't want to do two championships at the same time next year. So most likely WRC2 with Skoda imo.
    Or in other words he prefers to get paid by Skoda to paying at MSport (for unsure performance).

5. Likes: WRC1 (25th October 2021)
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    In the recent years Tänak, Evans, Mikkelsen himself, Östberg, Breen, Meeke, Lappi…
    Yeah, just wrote that it's difficult. Nothing like that it's not possible.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dck1989 View Post
    Not right place to ask but....

"At Ford you need money to get a seat. That is not an option for me."

What the details of Breen's deal if he went to m-sport and asked them to give him a contract...was he bringing money and driving for free?
    Breen is being paid as a lead driver at Msport, 2yr deal on a good contract (for him). Nowhere near what the Toyota or Hyundai drivers will earn, but still nice deal for him. Bringing no investment.

Fourmaux has the red bull backing and Greensmith fully pays Msport what is needed to run his car for a full season.

Effectively after realising they couldn't attract Neuville/ Evans/ Tanak etc and build a proper championship challenging team, they have overlooked the best of the other available drivers to bring in money instead. So no Lappi, Mikkelsen, Suninen, Ostberg etc signed up to form a team alongside Breen, and lesser drivers with substantial backing given seats instead (although Fourmaux has great potential along with backing which is a double bonus for Msport).

It's then interesting that Breen himself is openly questioning whether it is a good idea for him to be the most (and only) experienced driver in the team. Probably remembers Citroen 2017 experience.

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It's then interesting that Breen himself is openly questioning whether it is a good idea for him to be the most (and only) experienced driver in the team. Probably remembers Citroen 2017 experience.
    Yeah I agree, I’m sure he knows that it will help greatly if they had someone like Mikkelsen in there as well. Breen, Mikkelsen, Formaux with Greensmith paying and occasional Loeb sounds like a decent line up to me.
    Thing is I can’t believe it’s not achievable with Formaux bringing backing, and if Mikkelsen is as believed able to contribute.

It goes back to the main question. Is MSport doing everything to win one or both titles (even with limited budget)?

The answer seems to be no for 2022. It's "good enough" effort to keep the business running and Ford reasonably happy.

Tbh I can't really remember when was the last time they went all in during the last 10 years. Maybe something like 2011?
    2017-2018 they pushed and used money for driver title, but 2017 manu title was "unexpected success" (Tanak seemingly improving a lot and DMACK dominating two rallies with different tire), for 2018 they seemingly already gave up on manu title. (much less priority for other drivers than Ogier).

11. Likes: AndyRAC (27th October 2021),AnttiL (27th October 2021)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    It goes back to the main question. Is MSport doing everything to win one or both titles (even with limited budget)?

The answer seems to be no for 2022. It's "good enough" effort to keep the business running and Ford reasonably happy.

Tbh I can't really remember when was the last time they went all in during the last 10 years. Maybe something like 2011?
    2017-2018 they pushed and used money for driver title, but 2017 manu title was "unexpected success" (Tanak seemingly improving a lot and DMACK dominating two rallies with different tire), for 2018 they seemingly already gave up on manu title. (much less priority for other drivers than Ogier).
    Well I guess it depends if they have the money to fund another driver or not. Ultimately they can only be as serious as the budget allows.
    On the other side, it depends on the desire of someone like Mikkelsen to put up the funds to get into the car….but then I would also understand guys being a little cautious with their cash until they have seen how competitive the Puma is.

13. Likes: AndyRAC (27th October 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    This is something which has been puzzling for me all the time. How on Earth could they be happy with this? If I was them I either go for it fully or I don't bother spend any money at all.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

15. Likes: AndyRAC (27th October 2021),pantealex (27th October 2021)