Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    Hey, I got a hell of a lot further than everybody else who tried By the way I was only 16 - 16!!!! That sounds ridiculous as I'm now 23! I had barely done my GCSE's back then!
    Anyone else who tried? People try to date people they meet on the internet? Madness! I'd never get into that sort of thing myself!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I was going to try on friendface, but the site seems to be down
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    In all honestly, does anybody still need to access them other than for purely nostalgic purposes?
    I use it all the time for argument purposes when some A-Grade doinkus says something that I either foresaw or where they contradict themselves. There is nothing better than watching someone slowly squirm on a pyre of their own creation and then looking as the flames lap daintily at their feet.

Hoisted on their own petard as Nicholas Parsons might say, though if truth be known, a petard is a small bombshell so hoisting someone with their own petard is strictly more correct. And on that bombshell...
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb perhaps it is a good thing ...

Basing an argument on past statements seems like someone is just looking for an argument ...
    opinions change & nothing is cast in stone, remember never say never ...

Point of Interest : I used to hate Jeff Gordon but now he is one of my favorite drivers ...
    Did I lie in the past ? NO, I did NOT !!! My opinion of Jeff Gordon changed.
    It should be understood that a person has the right to change their mind or their opinion.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Bezza, how is Dave Blaney these days?
    You lot still here?!

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Hey Bezza, how is Dave Blaney these days?
    I am very good thank you Iain
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts

Unhappy So long old friend - RIP Motorsport Archive, I hardly knew ye

Well it is disappointing that we can't get those threads again, as I was meaning to revive Brammer's thread of "Famous one-liners". Nevertheless, we shall prevail, we will overcome, our climb will be steep.... ah hell, you guys get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    There is nothing better than watching someone slowly squirm on a pyre of their own creation...
    funny, I never thought of it like that before.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Back a million years ago, I used to be quite clever, and occasionally I get all nostalgic for those times, and want to read some of the things I wrote.

I don't think that I am very clever any more...

I think that I just sort of ran out of steam, or maybe thought that my opinions were no longer worth the trouble to post. I also just ran out of patience with the postings of idiots who stick to dogma in spite of overwhelming evidence, and endless arguments about "My favoured driver is better than yours so nerr!".

Anyway, the other day, I was looking at a discussion of torque and horsepower on another discussion forum, and remembered that I once wrote something I wanted to pick up and couldn't find.

Sometimes I wish that I could be inspired to post again.
    Adventure without risk is Disneyland.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeslider
    Back a million years ago, I used to be quite clever, and occasionally I get all nostalgic for those times, and want to read some of the things I wrote.

I think that I just sort of ran out of steam, or maybe thought that my opinions were no longer worth the trouble to post. I also just ran out of patience with the postings of idiots who stick to dogma in spite of overwhelming evidence, and endless arguments about "My favoured driver is better than yours so nerr!".

Anyway, the other day, I was looking at a discussion of torque and horsepower on another discussion forum, and remembered that I once wrote something I wanted to pick up and couldn't find.

You know what? Strangley enough I remember that reading that post, I wanna say it was late in 2001, early 2002 somewhere in there (I used to go to the F1 forum alot when Shuey was still driving) and I think it was my dumb question you were trying to address with that post. I remember it being extremly helpful, I had a better understanding on the difference between HP and Torque (regardless of the unit of measurement); its a shame I can't go back and look at it now.....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeslider

Well I ran out of gas on the Nostalgia stuff a long time ago - so many folks (many from Europe of course) had ALL kinds of info that I had never even remotely heard of, such as the particulars of how a constructor or driver got started, quotes, etc. Which left me with not much else to do but to read some of their postings.

So now I come to read the political way of thinking for the folks overseas, and engage on that depending of what is being discussed.

I read some things I wrote too, later on to see how it sounded and if I was getting my point across; as well as seeing as if I sounded clever as well since I come from a proud ancestry of white trash.*

Believe it or not, I additionally enjoy coming here to improve on my level of usage of the King's English, which of course is another reason why I like exchanging with the Brits besides their sense of humor. This place has me using "perhaps" and "proper" in my vocabulary now.

In short, that's really why I dig it (the forum) anymore. Other that what is being discussed politically.

I do agree with you about not being motiviated to post at times, much less spend a lot of time on here; as like with anything else, sometimes I have to give it a break for a while.

*Note to Moderators: just so I don't get myself into trouble, my remark of 'white trash' was in reference to me and only me, not to other Americans or other caucasians in general.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On