Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

Here we go again - new qualy rules!!

I don't get it. What's wrong with these people. Why do they have to change everything every year.
    And now they want points for pole... they should give some for best driving style, best crash, best looking helmet, best color combination and since the new cars seem to look so horrible some points for the team that builds the least hideous car...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72203

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    IMO they should just bring back the pointing system and qauly rules they had some ten years ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's in a very rough format but does have some merit.

I like a qualifying race to detirmine start positions for the main race. I think it would spice it up a bit over the current system.

Lets kick it around a bit before dismissing it.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    ... they should give some for best driving style, best crash, best looking helmet, best color combination and since the new cars seem to look so horrible some points for the team that builds the least hideous car...
    What about points for the least fuel use during qualifying.

The current format...often sees pole position going to a car that's lighter than the rest.
    Which is exactly why I believe it was working in that the assumed light strategy would force an early pit stop but often the car was just quicker in qualifying. In my opinion F1 needs parameters that keep enthusiasts guessing.

I think they were onto something quite entertaining with the qualifying format this year and the focus should be to evolve the idea of qualifying fuel loads further rather than condemn them.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm not convinced. This new idea would just mean that the whole grid would be subject to investigation - there'd be accusations of blocking for hours afterwards that the stewards would have to wade through.

What order would the drivers start in? Because the ones at the back of the line are surely going to be disadvantaged because they can't go faster than the car in front!

But then if the teams have thought it up, they clearly don't think it's that bad an idea, so I can see this happening

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    They should stop messing around with qualy, trying to make it 'exciting'. I can't think of any other series that has a huge emphasis on qualy. But I suppose this is Bernie's doing for creating his TV packages to sell around the world and/or maybe a post-Senna thing that qualifying is just as important as the race.

Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    But then if the teams have thought it up, they clearly don't think it's that bad an idea, so I can see this happening
    That doesn't mean they always have good ideas. Nick Fry was one of the supporters for having a karting style race weekend.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    That doesn't mean they always have good ideas. Nick Fry was one of the supporters for having a karting style race weekend.
    IMO Fry knows less about racing than Flavio, he's just dead weight in the Honda team.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    IMO they should just bring back the pointing system and qauly rules they had some ten years ago.
    Agreed: CART/CC had the best quali rules of all the series! IMO

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, its interesting to read that the teams "FOTA" are capable of just as dumb rules as the FIA and Bernie. They probably want to show they have power enough to influence the rules, though I hope as far as qualifying is concerned they limit themselve to just awarding pts for qualifying and maybe fastest lap...

1 pt for fastest during qualifying (which is ussually done in Q2)
    1 pt for fastest lap during race
    2 pts for pole (I want the carrot dangled in front of the teams big enough that the any team making it to q3 might be willing to compromise their race strategy for pole.)

And speaking of pts for poles, wasn't that the most interesting part of that article? I would assume its only for pts for the constructors championship right? The teams wouldn't be undermining Bernies medal celebrations already...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why don't they just pick the names out of a Hat, that would spice things up a bit : everyone will have a fair shot at Pole
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)