Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    If they really wanted to do a tribute to McRae then it should have covered all the way back to his days trashing Legacys in the British Championship, not the last few years of his life which he just spent cocking about having a go at different things.
    That is annoying. Sure Colin did the Dakar and XGames but he's predominately remembered for his rallying.

As long as Codemasters continue on with Starforce I won't be buying any of their games.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Andy RAC, how are you playing CMR1? what addons did ya need?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    On the back of this thread I dusted off the old PLaystation for another go at CMR2. Couldn't find a memory card with any data on it so had to search for some cheats but then did GB on intermediate in a 6r4. Awesome stuff, tricky stages, good handling and to cap it off a night stage (remember them, rallying used to do them ocassionally ) Think I might turf out the original CMR game today and have a crack on New Zealand
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat
    Andy RAC, how are you playing CMR1? what addons did ya need?
    I still play it on either Playstation 1 or 2 - okay, so the graphics are 10 years old, but the gameplay is still fantastic, especially the Night stages.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    On the back of this thread I dusted off the old PLaystation for another go at CMR2. Couldn't find a memory card with any data on it so had to search for some cheats but then did GB on intermediate in a 6r4. Awesome stuff, tricky stages, good handling and to cap it off a night stage (remember them, rallying used to do them ocassionally ) Think I might turf out the original CMR game today and have a crack on New Zealand
    Go on do it, I think it is SS4 in New Zealand were big time gaps appear - the stage before is wet mud and wet gravel, but SS4 is dry gravel - so tyre choice is crucial. A mega stage!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    aha PS2 I'll get a copy then I thought you had it on PC.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    This game sounds awful. The first DiRT was poor I totally agree with what most people have said on here. Now it's become really Americanized. No offense to the guys but do I want to make friends with Ken Block and Travis Pastrana to improve my career progress? Travelling around in my RV?

I just want to drive a rally car on some nice stages.

Unlike some I was a real fan of the WRC games from Evolution Studios with the officially licensed cars/drivers etc. Nowadays those guys do the Motorstorm games which are one of the higher profile PS3 only games. I doubt they will go back to the WRC. I agree with whoever said Codemasters peaked with TOCA2 and CMR2. Those were the days.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    It'll be crap, unfortunately
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, with luck they'll get it right with their F1 title. One of the team members mentioned on the forum that the DIRT/GRID titles were meant to be a more arcade & console type experience, but that they're making the F1 title more of a sim.

I guess we'll see.
    =NBW=LugnutUSA

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

From DiRT2 home page...

About Game :

DiRT 2 will feature a roster of contemporary off-road events, taking players to the most diverse and challenging real-world environments. This World Tour will have players competing in aggressive multi-car and intense solo races at extraordinary new locations, from canyon racing and jungle trails to city stadium-based events.

To be powered by the third generation of the EGO™ Engine’s award-winning racing game technology, DiRT 2 will benefit from tuned-up car-handling physics system and new damage engine effects. It will also showcase a spectacular new level of visual fidelity, with cars and tracks twice as detailed as those seen in GRID.

DiRT 2’s garage houses a best-in-class collection of officially licensed rally cars and off-road vehicles, specifically selected to deliver aggressive and fast paced racing. Covering seven vehicle classes, players will be given the keys to powerful vehicles right from the off. In DiRT 2 the opening drive is the Group N Subaru; essentially making the ultimate car from the original game the starting point in the sequel and the rides just get even more impressive.

In addition to the World Tour, DiRT 2 will come complete with full online functionality that will be core to the overall experience, with head-to-head competitive online play and new social features to engage the racing community. Prepare for mud, gravel, dust and dirt too in DiRT 2, coming 2009.

Yes it sounds awful
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life