Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    I have already show my opinions to their approach of making the game on the Codemasters forum. Please read what I have written and if you agree please second it!
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    I totally agree benniz,coddies with every new game gone away from what rally games is all about,shame.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The WRC license was previously held by Evolution Studios, wasn't it? So, who, if any, now has it - or isn't there one?

Time for Codies to dig into their deep pockets.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    I have already show my opinions to their approach of making the game on the Codemasters forum. Please read what I have written and if you agree please second it!
    Just did that
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Really not looking forwad to this, like I was the old games Would love a straight rally game, not with all these extras and fictional stages like the power station.

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    We need a new version of Rally Championship 2000, nice long stages, reasonable car control.

I remember when the Codemasters team came to Canberra to look at the rally stages, they took a lot of photos but didn't really get the feel of the stages.

The RBR team had a go at speed on a few of the stages, so got a good feel for them.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I remember when I was younger I used to spend almost all of my free time on Codemasters driving games. They peaked with CMR2 and Toca2. But since they have gone sh!t they are the main reason why I don't bother playing video games and haven't bothered getting a new console.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1267329

IGN: First of all, could you tell us about the decision to retain the McRae name for this game following his tragic death in 2007?
    Gavin Raeburn: The decision was made jointly between Codemasters and the McRae family. His ventures into events such as the X-Games, Dakar Rally and the Race of Champions have inspired us to look at events covering the extremes of off-road motorsport. This is where we're taking the series with DiRT 2 and Colin will play a part in that. DiRT 2 will be a great tribute, and we'll be revealing more about this over the coming months.

IGN: Last time we saw the EGO engine in GRID it was looking pretty spectacular – how much room for improvement was there for its third outing in DiRT 2?
    Gavin Raeburn: We made key improvements to the EGO engine during the GRID project which lifted the quality of the game to a level we were very happy with. The development team have learnt a lot from the development of GRID, and have strengthened massively in their ability to get the most out of the hardware, notably pushing SPU usage on PS3, improving multi-core performance on Xbox 360 and adding PC specific features and technology. In DiRT 2, we're building on these changes to the engine, adding more physical modelling of the environment, improving lighting and shadowing, and broadening the use of our streaming system to allow much higher texture detail. Overall these changes mean we are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with the hardware as much as possible, and we're confident in our ability to lift the quality bar again.

IGN: The career progression was an excellent part of GRID – will there be a similar mode in DiRT 2?
    Gavin Raeburn: Absolutely, the single-player experience is a very important part of our games. For DiRT 2, we wanted to create a journey for the player which encapsulated the spirit of off-road racing – it's about travelling the world in your RV, hitting off-road festivals and building your rep as a driver. Along the way you'll build friendships with the stars of the off-road world – like Travis Pastrana and Ken Block – and these relationships help you move up the ladder. If you get on well with someone like Ken Block, he'll invite you to cooler events and even offer to team up with you from time to time.

IGN: Likewise, the rewind function in GRID worked brilliantly – is that something that's being integrated in DiRT 2?
    Gavin Raeburn: We're proud of the replay technology we have within our engine, and you'll certainly see fully featured replays in DiRT 2. We're going to include an improved version of the Flashback feature that was developed for GRID too. I think everyone who played DiRT will have had an unfortunate incident with a tree or rock at some point!

IGN: The online features in the original DiRT felt a little compromised – is there going to be significant changes to the multiplayer for the sequel?
    Gavin Raeburn: It's all new. You'll see competitive online racing in all race types, plus a progressive reward system and community features which we'll talk more about in coming months.

IGN: With so many disciplines of off-road motorsport included, how do you manage to produce a cohesive package?
    Gavin Raeburn: We have to strike a balance. We don't want to restrict what the player can do by saying "car X can only drive on track Y", but on the other hand we don't want to break the believability of the game's career progression with mismatched opponents. In DiRT 2 we'll be going further, looking at game mechanics that transcend race disciplines and vehicles to provide that cohesion. We'll reveal more details in this area soon.

IGN: And being the huge F1 fans that we are, we've got to ask – how is work going with the F1 game, and when can we expect to see anything of it?
    Gavin Raeburn: The F1 project is progressing well, although it will be a while before we start showing it. In the meantime, the F1 team have a blog on our community website with which you can stay up to date with developments.
    =NBW=LugnutUSA

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    While I think that the Flashback function will make things easier it will just cheapen the whole experience even more. I know that sometimes I've totalled a car because of a duff pace note (IMO they were as good as useless in Dirt because they often came too late or would say that a corner was long when in reality it was just tight) but that's what happens in rallying and the whole notion of being able to press a button and go back is just a nasty gimmick which takes the challenge away.

Sadly the whole game is very much made for an American audience rather than a European one. We don't travel around in our RVs over here, you trailer the car to an event on the back of a transit van and return home on the Sunday ready for work on the Monday morning (for all but the very highest level anyway). F*** 'off road festivals' I just want a rallying game to actually have some rallying in it.

If they really wanted to do a tribute to McRae then it should have covered all the way back to his days trashing Legacys in the British Championship, not the last few years of his life which he just spent cocking about having a go at different things.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Well looking at all the info and photos, I won't be purchasing it. It should be predominately Rally-based, with a small percentage being other off-road activities. I still play on the Colin McRae 1 game - some fantastic stages/Rallies on there - New Zealand, Monte Carlo (Sisteron in the dark), GB (Dolgellau in the dark).
    This just looks like a poor excuse for a game.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???