Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Next Brit in WRC/IRC

We need at least one team from Great Britain in WRC and IRC (Apart from Wilson Jr)

There are 3 drivers as I see it that could have made a difference

Guy Wilks
    Chris Meeke
    Adam Gould

The motorsport "capital" in the world is on the Island that clamis not to be a part of Europe , but since McRae and Burns no one with enough talent has been creating headlines and sparked interrest of Rally in the UK.

What are the plans from the 3 drivers above for 09, and are there others we need to look out for ?

Maybe the Hamilton Mania can help rally drivers as well....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    During the Pirelli Shootout in Austria, Mr Gould is convinced that he will be the next UK World Champion in WRC...

Pretty bold statement to make about yourself...
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Isn't Meeke already in talks with one of the teams re next year's IRC....

Certainly nothing wrong with having the confidence in yourself to think you'll be the next Brit WRC champ.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Meeke is Irish. And unfortunately I think his boat has sailed as far as a WRC drive is concerned, but IRC is looking hopeful.
    I will be rich, as soon as I invent a machine that can punch a man in the face over the internet.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza2541
    Meeke is Irish. And unfortunately I think his boat has sailed as far as a WRC drive is concerned, but IRC is looking hopeful.
    I am so sorry for that mistake, but please understrand that for us outsiders you are all considered islanders, even if there are several borders that has to be crossed.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    I am so sorry for that mistake, but please understrand that for us outsiders you are all considered islanders, even if there are several borders that has to be crossed.....
    Doesn't matter what you call him, fact remains that he has missed the boat as far as the WRC goes.
    I will be rich, as soon as I invent a machine that can punch a man in the face over the internet.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    After Guy's stella performance last weekend here in Australia (except for the roll), he definitely deserves a drive.

He had the 2wd Honda beyond the ragged edge on every single stage.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Richard and Colin's careers were both allowed to develop and flourish under David Richard's stewardship at Prodrive. Without his enthusiasm and persistence it's unlikely at least one of them (Mr McRae) would have gone on to be World Champion. As has been said many times before the sport is very different to 10 or 15 years ago and a driver with no money behind him will not even get a seat never mind be allowed three of four years to crack it like Colin was. Therefore unless we get a British svengali like a certain Finn or DR is allowed to foster another Brit (unlikley) we may never have another driver at the top level let alone a Champion. Guy has the speed and may get his money together. Adam Gould has proven quick in his class in a poorly supported BRC. Kris may have seen his chance pass as Citroen now have Ogier in the wings. I hope I'm wrong but it's looking a bit bleak. The F1 effect of Hamilton is unlikley to have any spin off either in the short term and means the UK media's glare will be even further from rallying witness barely a mention of Loebs fifth championship on the same weekend as Lewis claimed the crown...

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Question

Isn't he an Ulsterman? (Like Eddie Irvine & Adam Carroll)

But yes, he has clearly missed his boat. Bad mouthing team-bosses right, left and center made sure he will never drive for a good team in WRC.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doesn't matter what you call him, fact remains that he has missed the boat as far as the WRC goes.
    Its not that simple Bazza.

There only is one boat... the €2.5 million boat.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com