Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cambrian Rally

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Im going to be watching both runs through Clocaenog Eas, so if you see someone snapping away and wearing a white Honda that will be me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Andy Burton will definately not be out
    Colin McRae

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well if anyone wants to meet up send me a PM with your mobile number and I'll do my best to meet up. Not sure which stages we'll go to, will probably decide in the morning
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well i'm at Penmachno now. Nice and sunny
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Allyc85, I was at Clocaenog east and didn't see anyone wearing a white honda. Pity

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    lol I really should check what ive writen before I post daniel!

I had a nightmare getting to the rally, traffic was horrific from the moment I left home and it took me 7 hours to get there instead of 5 and a half!!! The journey back was pretty bad as well as it poored with rain all the way home from Birmigham and you always get some idiot drivers

As the for the rally its self I ended up going to Clocaenog main as I was held up a bit at the hotel. The first pass through was good with some big slides lock ups and a Nova seeming to destroy its transmission! For the second pass I watched from a spot where 15 many cars had gone off in the morning, but many people had learnt their lesson or retired by then so wasnt that great. I was gutted when I asked a marshall if Burton had made it, only to find out he hadnt, he was the main reason I went!

Pics will be uploaded when I can be assed to sort them out!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A couple of my pictures from the event.

Managed to do Clocaenog East, Penmachno Quarry and Clocaenog Main.

Although was lucky to get out of Penmachno. People parked everywhere.

Elvis

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    we were worried about getting out of Penmachno. Stupid people blocking the road

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Had a great time in Cloc Main for my first visit to the Cambrian. Only downside was the 6 and a half hour trip to Llandudno to get to rally HQ for Signing On and also the freezing night in the Forest, and also some scary Aqua plaining on the way home on the M5

Apart from that had an enjoyable morning at Jct 21 for SS2, and then a fast left over crest for SS6 just before Jct 6 where Frank Kelly was very close to going off.

Glad to see the crew of Car 61 were ok after there roll, after running round the corner to find no sign of movement in the car, it was a bit worrying. I have the noise of the car rolling on camera, but not the incident

Looking forward to next years event, was thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks to the comapny who there on the day made it that bit better Congrats to Hugh Hunter on the BTRDA Championship especially being his first year in the Focus WRC. Fantastic result for Matt Edwards too, was very surprised to see him 3rd when I get home yesterday but very pleased for him, I hope he finds some funding to run an E9 next year

Next event - RAC!!!

And here's my video of the Top 3 finishers - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=48n3kdtKh90&fmt=6
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvisrally
    A couple of my pictures from the event.

Managed to do Clocaenog East, Penmachno Quarry and Clocaenog Main.

Although was lucky to get out of Penmachno. People parked everywhere.

Elvis
    Looking at your photos I must have walked past you on both stages