Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VresiBerba
    Tobacco is 1000 times more suggestive than alcohol though. But answer this; what good would come from tobacco advertising? Name even one positive thing.
    None. But name one good thing that comes from alcohol advertising!

(You could also get into how having suggestively dressed grid girls affects sex addicts.)
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    None. But name one good thing that comes from alcohol advertising!
    None, so what?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Today they ban tobacco. Tomorrow, they ban alcohol. Then what? Meat? I'm strictly against bans.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    "Only" advertising, in other words they are trying to make tobacco look "cool" and to get people smoking. They produce tobacco and try to sell it, it's as simple as that. The only problem is that tobacco can kill you. I think F1 should finally ( it's years and years too late) ban all sorts of advertising related to tobacco, even indirect.
    Alochol is far deadlier than tobacco

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Hell, lets ban people going outside as well. Theres less risks being inside. I am also against living since you eventually die from that too. I am also against people saying what people don't want to hear, they might offend someone.

Look, I think its all a load of S***.

I against bans, and I'm against bureaucrats trying to protect us from ourselves by these bans. I think the "It doesn't do anyone any favours, so lets ban it" mentality is a bad one and I think that people should be responsible for the choices they make.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If people didn't start/buy "things" because of advertising, there wouldn't be any advertising at all, it's really naive to think that we make all those decisions conciously, a good example being Ferrari, because of its success and image people are willing to pay huge sums of money to get that car. It's just a car. Tobacco companies have been very succesful in creating brands as well, a good example being "Rothmans" which has a great image. What is it really? A potentially deadly product with terrible addictive qualities.
    “Leave me alone!”