Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gp2 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gp2 2009

Who do you think will be racing the Main Series next year? Also who do you think is going to win it?

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayley
    Who do you think will be racing the Main Series next year? Also who do you think is going to win it?
    So far only two drivers has been confirmed. Maldonado to race for ART and Valsecchi to continue with Durango.

I expect the title fight to be between Maldonado and Grosjean (if he returns, which is very doubtful).

I expect the good teams (ART, iSport and Racing Engineering) to fight for drivers such as Parente, van der Drift, Albuquerque, Bamber, Watts, Duval, Chandhok and Kobayashi. They are all promising drivers and/or promising drivers with good sponsor deals.

Drivers I hope wont return are: Villa, Conway, Filippi, and Valerio. None of these drivers have proven anything, so we need some fresh talent to fill their seats (IMHO).
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hulkenberg's taking Grosjean's seat at ART, but Renault seem to want to keep Grosjean in GP2, so he'll likely take di Grassi's seat at Campos. Rodriguez is at Piquet and Buurman at Ocean Racing (BCN), but most of the grid hasn't been decided yet. I imagine that the majority of the up-and-coming drivers from last year will be back, but I wouldn't expect to see Pantano, di Grassi, Senna or Buemi.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    Hulkenberg's taking Grosjean's seat at ART, but Renault seem to want to keep Grosjean in GP2, so he'll likely take di Grassi's seat at Campos. Rodriguez is at Piquet and Buurman at Ocean Racing (BCN), but most of the grid hasn't been decided yet. I imagine that the majority of the up-and-coming drivers from last year will be back, but I wouldn't expect to see Pantano, di Grassi, Senna or Buemi.
    I cannot find any confirmation that Hulkenberg is confirmed at ART. Do you have a link or a source?

As far as i know Rodriguez and Buurman are only confirmed for GP2 Asia ... not (yet) for the main series.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    Thanks ... Funny how this news haven't been spread around the sites. After all, it's big GP2 news who is signed by ART.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    To me it's quite a big surprise that Grosjean doesn't continue at ART. The French team seemed to be built around him. I wonder, what are the reasons for leaving? A better offer somewhere else?

As for driver line-ups... Estonian Sten Pentus has participated in a couple of GP2 tests for DPR ( : ), which was a great surprise even for us here in his homeland, because he has been quite unnoticable in the last couple of years and was pretty much written off.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The only other thing i've heard of is Tiago Monteiro buying into the BCN team, not much besides that
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually, looking at some of the linked articles, Buurman is only confirmed for the Asian series. Hulkenberg only seems confirmed at ART by that one article, though there are others saying that he'll be in GP2 next year. But that's probably only a matter of time.
    Series like GP2 don't always fill up that quickly anyway. I remember last year being surprised when the lineup was finalised with a good month before the first race, though of course many of those drivers didn't actually last long.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Aha, Hulkenberg has today been confirmed, so that ends that I guess.

Yamamoto seems to have quite convincingly outqualified Maldonado, which is a little worrying. I hope he doesn't become another Filippi.

The field seems a little less spread out today, which is good. From the times only the new Durango driver seems really bad, though Chen didn't set a lap. There's been 7 driver changes since the last race!