Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wanted Audi Quattro infos

We are working on a new official book "Audi Quattro Rally Cars"

Please send all infos, owners, photos, chassis numbers etc.. to be included.

Reward for good help
    [email:24midpw5]olczyk@yahoo.com[/email:24midpw5]

Thank You
    Best Regards

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Do you want us to write the book too?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Without Audi’s blessings I would not accept the book as "The Official History"…
    BTW, it’s Audi quattro, not Audi Quattro. See eg. http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/unter...ro_rallye.html
    RX = You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I also would not accept a book that someone did research for on an internet forum. There is no guarantee that the information provided here or on another site will be accurate. Then there's the fact that the photo's we would supply will be copyrighted.

If I were writing a book i'd contact Mr Holmes or Audi and do it properly.

This is a pet hate of mine on this forum. People who come and ask questions then have books or websites which are done with other people's work. To add to this there people usually don't add anything to the forum, they just take.........
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I also would not accept a book that someone did research for on an internet forum. There is no guarantee that the information provided here or on another site will be accurate. Then there's the fact that the photo's we would supply will be copyrighted.

This is a pet hate of mine on this forum. People who come and ask questions then have books or websites which are done with other people's work. To add to this there people usually don't add anything to the forum, they just take.........
    He's been on a number of forums asking for info... I appreciate you can often get snippets of info from forums, but the first place to start is normally with the press office or Martin... neither avenue this guy has bothered exploring!

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    For some reason official Audi media department isn't very keen on quattro rallying heritage but if Walter Treser or better yet, Roland Gumpert would agree help I cannot imagine better source.

For personal reasons, I do hope not to be one of them... For the help given, I give credit, as well...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    For some reason official Audi media department isn't very keen on quattro rallying heritage but if Walter Treser or better yet, Roland Gumpert would agree help I cannot imagine better source.

For personal reasons, I do hope not to be one of them... For the help given, I give credit, as well...
    I would never dream of accusing you of this either. You're a long time valued member of this forum who gives back a lot more than the forum probably gives you

Audi's identity is diesel now. They don't want to talk about their cars getting dirty in forests and in places like Kenya.....

They still mention quattro but it's not the basis of their advertising as it used to be.

I loved this ad back when it was on TV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qI6mFk_6OA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    And what about ex-rallying journalist and ex-Audi Sport press spokesman Dieter L. (L for Lutz) Scharnagl…?
    RX = You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts

I agree. I wouldn't ever do so, unless as a means of making contact with someone — using a forum as a conduit, if you like. Mind you, different people have different standards when it comes to 'research'...

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rx-guru
    And what about ex-rallying journalist and ex-Audi Sport press spokesman Dieter L. (L for Lutz) Scharnagl…?
    Can you put me into touch with him?