Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As head of the FIA MAx should have been more prudent than having a Ferrari behind him when his organisation has been accused of being biased. Had it been a Force India, we'd all be happy. The fact that the producer/director of that interview felt fit to zoom in on the car at the end of the interview speaks volumes.

Max is clearly wanting to dig a big hole for himself. Its like watching OJ Simpson say it wasn't him in that hotel room, standing holding the merobilia..
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Speaks volumes about the producer yes. If they didn't zoom in would that mean Max isn't biased?

I'm happy to have a dig at Max for his decisions and behaviour but his taste in car models doesn't bother me. This is about as relevant as his dad is to discussion on F1
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    Thought the most illuminating part of the interview on the BBC news last night with Mr M. was not the financial situation of F1 but the questions about the events in his private life which made all the headlines this year. In response he hardly appeared to suggest that he would be changing his habits, which must be re assuring for his wife, who the interviewer suggested had been oblivious to his tastes for the past 50 years! Mr M brushed it off by stating that it was all down to human nature and that there was little he could do about it.

I agree couldn't believe he said that.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It's his choice though. If he likes doing that then good luck to him. We (quite rightly) tolerate gays, Lesbians and various other people who don't necessarily fit the standard picture of what a human being is normally considered to be. If Max was gay would people be taking such a dim view of it?

What Max does to his wife or a prostitute is really of little importance to me. I'm more interested in how he runs the various FIA championships.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    It's his choice though. If he likes doing that then good luck to him. We (quite rightly) tolerate gays, Lesbians and various other people who don't necessarily fit the standard picture of what a human being is normally considered to be. If Max was gay would people be taking such a dim view of it?

What Max does to his wife or a prostitute is really of little importance to me. I'm more interested in how he runs the various FIA championships.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I've been posting today on my phone because internet use at work and didn't watch the video before I posted although i did watch it last night.

But I'm apalled at what people have said. Truly amazed, apalled, astonished, whatever......

Everyone bitches and moans about how much the Minardi's, Super Aguri's and Force India's of F1 have/had to spend spend to be back markers and how something needs to be done to keep the smaller teams in the sport. So Max suggests that it be made easier for teams to keep their heads above water and you poo poo his ideas. Sure he may be rude to ex-F1 drivers, he might get spanked by the occasional prostitute and he may make some boneheaded decisions which have hurt motorsport but when he comes along with a good idea to HELP the championship you can't see past your (perfectly justified I might say) hatred for the man. Cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind. Though a line which the great Jim Richards once uttered to a load of Australians seems a little more appropriate though conveniently I seem to have forgotten it.

If you truly loved this sport you'd forget what an incompetend fool of an idiot this man is and support cost cutting in F1. I was always happier in the WRC forum where the people realise it's going down the drain and work hard to discuss ways which they feel the FIA could and should change things to help the WRC get back to being as healthy as it was in the 90's. But instead the majority of people would rather be bitter about what an idiot Max is and find themselves with no Grand Prix's to watch and no Ferrari, McLaren or Force India's to listen to on a Sunday afternoon. Max will have retired and will probably be getting a daily spanking and parasite inspection, Bernie will have enough money for it all to not matter and the only losers out of it all will be the people here on this forum for whom F1 will be but a memory like Group C, CART, Supertourers.....

Laugh it up while you can because if changes aren't made F1 will be gone sooner than you think. The WRC was healthy and strong not so long ago and it's perhaps 2-3 years from death at the moment unless drastic action is taken and F1 is not far behind.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Everyone bitches and moans about how much the Minardi's, Super Aguri's and Force India's of F1 have/had to spend spend to be back markers and how something needs to be done to keep the smaller teams in the sport. So Max suggests that it be made easier for teams to keep their heads above water and you poo poo his ideas.
    I'm not sure many here have 'bitched and moaned' about that. F1 has always had the "haves" and "have nots". Frank Williams didn't bitch and moan when his team was struggling to establish itself, and he managed to become a multiple championship winning constructor. Others have been unable to do the same. Is it really the FIA's role to step in and level the playing field?

I've said elsewhere that Max's F2 could be seen as his blueprint for the future of F1. Do we really want F1 to be just yet another spec-series among many?
    Sure he may be rude to ex-F1 drivers, he might get spanked by the occasional prostitute and he may make some boneheaded decisions which have hurt motorsport but when he comes along with a good idea to HELP the championship you can't see past your (perfectly justified I might say) hatred for the man. Cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind.
    If he was actually proposing a new idea then perhaps he should be cut some slack. But he's not. He's scaremongering in order to impose his own agenda. It's a tactic we've seen before. Prior to the GA meeting in June he said the FIA risked losing control of F1 if he were forced out of office. In his letter he cited a threat to "our ability to protect the traditional grands prix". I guess Canada isn't "traditional" enough to matter.

Sorry Daniel but being rude to ex-drivers and boneheaded decisions are not wiped out by an interview that simply re-hashes an issue that has been on the F1 table for a very long time. This isn't Max suddenly coming up with a 'new' idea, or a 'new' issue. It's been discussed a great deal this year and much earlier than that.

More than four years ago Autosport carried this article with Jaguar having announced their withdrawl. Then the concern was for the future of the smaller teams. Back in February 2003 Max was saying that "The way to guarantee the long-term health and stability of the championship is to make sure there is a solid group of independent teams which do not depend on the presence of the manufacturers for their survival."

Credit Max for consistency then, but that was 2003 and he has done nothing. In fact the multiple rule changes since then have hit the smaller teams hardest because they are least able to afford the cost implications of those rule changes. Yet now we're supposed to believe he's the saviour of F1? He wasn't in June and he isn't now IMHO.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    You can prattle on all you want but F1 as it is now is unsustainable and will be largely dead in the water in a few years if nothing is done. If you lose a team or three as is quite possible it will die nice and soon.

Whether he does anything or not about it is a whole other matter of course but the fact is these are turbulent times and it's quite possible some of the less successful manufacturers will up sticks and leave fairly soon.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I'm not sure many here have 'bitched and moaned' about that. F1 has always had the "haves" and "have nots". Frank Williams didn't bitch and moan when his team was struggling to establish itself, and he managed to become a multiple championship winning constructor. Others have been unable to do the same. Is it really the FIA's role to step in and level the playing field?

I've said elsewhere that Max's F2 could be seen as his blueprint for the future of F1. Do we really want F1 to be just yet another spec-series among many?

If he was actually proposing a new idea then perhaps he should be cut some slack. But he's not. He's scaremongering in order to impose his own agenda. It's a tactic we've seen before. Prior to the GA meeting in June he said the FIA risked losing control of F1 if he were forced out of office. In his letter he cited a threat to "our ability to protect the traditional grands prix". I guess Canada isn't "traditional" enough to matter.

Sorry Daniel but being rude to ex-drivers and boneheaded decisions are not wiped out by an interview that simply re-hashes an issue that has been on the F1 table for a very long time. This isn't Max suddenly coming up with a 'new' idea, or a 'new' issue. It's been discussed a great deal this year and much earlier than that.

More than four years ago Autosport carried this article with Jaguar having announced their withdrawl. Then the concern was for the future of the smaller teams. Back in February 2003 Max was saying that "The way to guarantee the long-term health and stability of the championship is to make sure there is a solid group of independent teams which do not depend on the presence of the manufacturers for their survival."

Credit Max for consistency then, but that was 2003 and he has done nothing. In fact the multiple rule changes since then have hit the smaller teams hardest because they are least able to afford the cost implications of those rule changes. Yet now we're supposed to believe he's the saviour of F1? He wasn't in June and he isn't now IMHO.
    All very well pointing fingers but at least Max is trying to something because something has to be done, IMHO.

If F1 teams go under and the days we'll be seeing 14 cars on the grid then I suppose you'll be pointing fingers at the FIA for not doing anything.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Max's is bringing the sport into disrepute..
    There is absolutely no reason to back him anymore. He has had his chance to make this sport into want he wants, and has failed. We can not still think that his remarks of late are inspiring at all, as Arrows said, these points have all been raised before, a long time ago. So what has changed now.

Max is on his way out, We need someone fast, who has the interests of F1 as their number 1 priority, in order to keep this the pinnacle of motorsport.

Max says he has been campaigning for years in order to introduce major cost cutting..yet not enough has happened along the lines of his business model. That screams out to me, that he does not have the backing in order to pull off this cost cutting exercise of his, therefore, he should just close his mouth and get out now quitely.