Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    I hope they all pull out at the end of season :-) that would be awsome.. only privateers:-)
    I agree

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    I hope they all pull out at the end of season :-) that would be awsome.. only privateers:-)
    In that case, where would the money came from? A WRC without the manufactures would not attract any investment at all. WRC takes money to organise you know... i can't see that as awsome
    mdesign 0_o

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Some people want it to go back to the stone age mdesign and to a point they are right but you can't have a good world championship without manufacturers
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bring back the Mark 2s, any car you can't build in a barn, and fix with a lump hammer and cable ties has no place in any rally
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Some people want it to go back to the stone age mdesign and to a point they are right but you can't have a good world championship without manufacturers
    Sometimes you need to level an entire city and built it from scratch (hopefully, it will be better than before).

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    Sometimes you need to level an entire city and built it from scratch (hopefully, it will be better than before).
    I agree. But these people are talking about levelling the city and then living permanently in tin shacks afterwards forever. I say level the city but return it to the days when there was a healthy level of manufacturer involvement and all will be good.

If I want to go and see privateers I'll go to a local rally But I don't want to travel all the way to Finland to find that it's just guys with a lot of money pissing about on the world stage and no one with any great level of skill. Bear in mind if it went back to privateer days it wouldn't be just Loeb who would go but Mikko, Latvala, Petter, Gigi........ we might still have the ice cream guy though....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Ford threatend to pull out of the WRC at the end of 2004.

This has probably been the most unintresting WRC season ever, only 4 manufacures, 2 capable of winning and the new cars from Suzuki and Subaru not doing very well.

To loose ford would be a real shock, with the Stobart team probably going as well.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Ford threatend to pull out of the WRC at the end of 2004.

This has probably been the most unintresting WRC season ever, only 4 manufacures, 2 capable of winning and the new cars from Suzuki and Subaru not doing very well.

To loose ford would be a real shock, with the Stobart team probably going as well.
    It would be a shock, but maybe it's what the sport needs, which sounds bizarre. Really, drastic action is needed - then maybe, the F1A/ISC/Promoter will get off their backsides and do something.
    Having a clearout yesterday I came across some issues of Rallysport magazine from 1999-2000, funnily enough similar issues were being discussed then, especially the promotion/TV problem. A few people back then warned against forgeting the history and heritage of the sport in the rush to make it modern and TV friendly. And what has happened???

Remember what happened to the Milles Pistes suggestions???

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I agree. But these people are talking about levelling the city and then living permanently in tin shacks afterwards forever. I say level the city but return it to the days when there was a healthy level of manufacturer involvement and all will be good.

If I want to go and see privateers I'll go to a local rally But I don't want to travel all the way to Finland to find that it's just guys with a lot of money pissing about on the world stage and no one with any great level of skill. Bear in mind if it went back to privateer days it wouldn't be just Loeb who would go but Mikko, Latvala, Petter, Gigi........ we might still have the ice cream guy though....
    Not necessarily, for it would be possible for well-funded non-works teams to employ good drivers, just as is the case in other forms of motorsport. Non-works does not necessarily = rich amateur. The problem, of course, would be finding the funding. I suppose some of those drivers would just have to take a pay cut, or pay for a drive, to stay in work. What other options would there be for them? They couldn't all go off to compete in touring cars or sportscars.

Now is definitely the time, therefore, to decide on a big shake-up of the technical regulations, to cut costs and do it fast.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Not necessarily, for it would be possible for well-funded non-works teams to employ good drivers, just as is the case in other forms of motorsport. Non-works does not necessarily = rich amateur. The problem, of course, would be finding the funding. I suppose some of those drivers would just have to take a pay cut, or pay for a drive, to stay in work. What other options would there be for them? They couldn't all go off to compete in touring cars or sportscars.

Now is definitely the time, therefore, to decide on a big shake-up of the technical regulations, to cut costs and do it fast.
    But is S2000/S2000+ really the big shake up? Not from were I'm standing - in fact the proposed regs will eventually end up just like current WRCars. Not good enough - Production based cars is the way to go for now - it might sound boring, but if enough Manufacturers come on board - you never know. Add good and distinct events - all different - we may get somewere. Sort the sporting side first - then the promotion et al can follow. I think.........

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???