Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't agree andy. The manufacturers just want something that's value for money. Low tech but fast and spectacular is value for money. Go back to group a levels of technology and place certain limits on suspension, drivetrain technology and the materials available to build the car with and you'll have a series which looks good and attracts manufacturers. Bring back proper tyre rules as well. The WRCar idea was great until Peugeot and Citroen came along and raised the game so much that it killed the show. Citroen are my favourite team but part of me despises them for coming in and bankrolling the championship. The measures above will go some way to stopping a manufacturer doing this. But the rules would have to be constantly changing to kill off little innovations in technology as they start to hurt the show.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I agree about value for money, and I too want something simple and spectacular, but I'm slightly confused by comments by some people including Dave Lapworth - stating that technology is important and that they've spent millions developing it and don't want to lose their investment.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Use it on everyday road cars and leaving racing gizmo-free, I say!
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think the championship needs a period without manufacturers so someone can think up a proper set of rules without people like Lapworth sticking their nose in and ruining things. If I was Lapworth I'd jump at any opportunity for change as it gives then an opportunity to get back near the front.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    If finally ford pulls out where do you think Hirvo and Latvala will end up?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Job Centre!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would be really suprised if Ford would continue longer than for 2-3 years. Just in case that if you don't know it, they consider rallying being somekind of a business. At the moment Ford is doing really poor in every single market where they operate and things like rallying are going to be the first places where they will do cuts if necessary. And with the current state of the economy, we might see some dramatic things happening in the near future.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The thing about tyres not being able to handle the engine power is that the teams don't like it, and nor do the drivers. Remember the complaining from on top of El Condor this year?

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe manufacturers are not necessarily looking for a cheaper bill but what they want is a value for what they have invested in, and that means you don't necessarily have to throw away all the new technology. Motorsports serves as a place for manufacuters to showcase their technology, too, and cutting too much technology will make the series less attrative even if it's cheaper. So I don't necessarily agree on "simplifying" the format.

Yes, the new technology costs you lots of money but if the investment actually worth something, the manufacturers will be interested. A good example is the introduction of diesel to Le Mans series. Formula One is now trying KERS. WRC needs something to present manufacturers some challenge, so the manufacturers can showcase how good they are.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion: