Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts

Ford to pull out of WRC?

On German site rallye-magazine.de they are saying that Ford is concidering to pull out of the WRC if the FIA don't make quick decision about future reglementations. Tomorrow there will be meeting of FIA to decide what they want, then they will propose it to manufacturers, then two weeks later they will meet again with information they recieved, and then om 5th of november the world council board would decide the definitive future regulations.
    The head of Ford Motorsport (Mr. Marc Deans) is saying that they will pull out if FIA by that time doesn't make a final decision. He also says that it is better to do nothing at all then to invest millions in something what might be useless in the near future.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Sabre rattling at it's best! It was a predictable move by Ford brought on by the current uncertainty.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Well they keep threatening, just do it!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    good stuff!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

MJW
    Excuse me guys but have you just checked out the news sites and the financial sector? - The worlds is in a bit of bother finacially right now, even that great building site called Dubai has had to be helped by next door Abu Dhabi. Most of the car manufacturers are facing BIG financial losses, and as DR said in that interview in autosport.com the wrc should offer value for money for the motor industry. We saw a superb display from Citroen and Sebastien on the weekend, but unless you are a techno guy amazed at how the Citroen defys the laws of physics and what an absolute masterpiece it is in engineering terms it was frankly BORING to watch. The TV does not convey the speed, a single car on a twisty road doesnt make good tv. TV needs the spectacle of too much power for too little grip, prescisely the opposite of what we have now. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Citroen, Ford, Subaru and Suzuki walk away from this techonolgically extravagant non spectacular tytpe of WRC we have now evolved into, especially in light of banks collapsing, restrictions on finance for new car sales etc.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    do not blame regulation that just because your favor thing has been a loser!

same thing for me if loeb keep winning.

someone do not be in top is not rules fail go home check himself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not surprized if Ford pulls out of WRC because what they are saying is very true. I have been saying WRC needs stability in regulations so the car manufacturers can invest on the participation in WRC. Right now there is no stability and no point to invest as Ford guys are saying. It's sad that FIA is doing nothing to help WRC but maybe they'll realized how big WRC really was once they lose major participants. WRC needs serious re-building anyways, so why not start from scratch???
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Honestly, something drastic needs to happen.

12 rounds, including 'classic' events, different events 2-3-4-5 days depending on organisers. Cheap, but exciting cars.

In what other sport do they drop their most famous event? Imagine no Masters at Augusta, no Wimbledon, no Monaco GP......

...It just wouldn't happen.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    I hope they all pull out at the end of season :-) that would be awsome.. only privateers:-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If crap is awesome then yes that would be awesome!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.