Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts

Cyprus rally rules!!

I was there back in 2000, great country but i was there for the rally. Nice stages to watch, technical for the drivers because of the many slow corners (it's the opposite of Finland), let's bring it on again

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by &quot
    2009 Cyprus Rally will be a mixed surface event. A WRC first!
    ??? Somebody buy the writer some old rally magazines!
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I wasn't aware that Rallyfans were celebrating the return of Cyprus. But I take my hat off to them for this bold move. And about time to - next we hope is the return of San Remo to it's rightful place. Let's hope the Manufacturers don't kick up a stink.

It's almost impossible to do, for what concern Sanremo. First of all, because actual safety mesures imposed by the FIA are too strictly to the Riviera tarmac roads. Sanremo organizers says that are happy with the IRC, and they DON'T want back the "actual" WRC. The gravel roads in Tuscany, used between '80 and '90 are now on tarmac ground (about 85-90 per cent).

What I hope, for what concern the rallies, is to have PERMANENTLY events like Acropolis, France, Finland, GB, Argentina... NOT Jordan, Poland, Indonesia and maybe Abu Dhabi!