Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTK
    Hi, am new to this forum, having only recently found it!! But have been a motor racing fan for years.

I subscribed to NASN a good few years ago essentially for the Nascar coverage, and like a good few others am waiting to see what happens before possibly cancelling subscription to what is now the Setanta package, though as has been said now that ESPN have taken over NASN probably best to wait a while.

ABC/ESPN has rights to last 18 races of Nextel Cup for next 7 years doesnt it? with Fox and then TNT having first part of season, also ESPN have rights to whole Busch series for next 7 years, so will probably wait to see what ESPN offer us here in the UK. It will be a desperate disappointment if after 4/5 years great coverage we are left with little and possibly none. What about Sky showing us Fox and TNT covered races?

(Presume IRL will be on Sky and Champ Car on Eurosport as last year?)
    ESPN have the internatuional rights to sell. So in other words:

Germany - Premire has purchased the rights
    France - AB Moteurs have purchased the rights
    Nordic Cos - Viasat have purchased the rights
    UK - nobody has purchased (yet) the Live rights.

In my opinion someone will show it - ESPN / NASN I still expect to come through.

Until the sale is completed I would not expect much.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    ESPN have the internatuional rights to sell. So in other words:

Germany - Premire has purchased the rights
    France - AB Moteurs have purchased the rights
    Nordic Cos - Viasat have purchased the rights
    UK - nobody has purchased (yet) the Live rights.
    Forgive my igorance on this matter but if the races are being shown accross europe is there some sort of satellite dish system that can be bought to pick up these european broadcasts?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have e mailed NASN. Will let you know what they reply with.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NASN

I have also emailed NASN to see whats going on.

Has anyone managed to find an alternate supplier of NASCAR in the UK? i notice that it is available in germany and france, what do we need in the UK to get one of these options?

Paul

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At least Five US will continue to carry the highlights

NASCAR Nextel Cup (Motoring)

Time - 01:50 - 02:40 (50 minutes long)

When - Tuesday 13th February on five

Stock car racing action from the Daytona International Speedway as the the NEXTEL Cup 2007 gets under way with the Budweiser Shoot Out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XM369
    I have also emailed NASN to see whats going on.

Has anyone managed to find an alternate supplier of NASCAR in the UK? i notice that it is available in germany and france, what do we need in the UK to get one of these options?

Paul
    AB Moteurs is the easiest to get through a sub to French sat tv (but no English commentary). That is what I have. Premiere Germany does have English commentary. For both you need a sat dish pointing at Astra and the appropriate subscription and decoder.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so no FTA feeds over europe then

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Reply from NASN...

Thank you for contacting NASN - the only TV channel dedicated to North American sports in Europe.

In response to your query, I can only confirm that NASN are in negotiations with NASCAR at present regarding this years coverage and we expect to make an announcement regarding NASCAR coverage for the upcoming season very soon.

I can assure you that NASN will constantly strive to bring you the very best shows featuring news, views, highlights and analysis available, however, we have no confirmation as yet regarding future programming, as a result of the recent announcement about ESPN acquiring NASN, although NASN will still remain part of the Setanta Sports Package, there is currently no further information available at this time. All future updates regarding our programming will be announced via our website, Please continue to visit for all the latest news, updates and announcements which are released on our website in the first instance, as soon as they are available.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's the reply I had and it is also published on post 2 of this thread. Standard stuff then - I am livid it is getting so close to the season start, and still nothing. How can it be so hard in this day of global communication.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just moved to Scotland from Canada...is NASN a terrestrial channel? Is it on Freeview?