Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question TV Coverage in the Uk

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is going to be coverage of Nascar in the UK for 2007.

We subscribed to NASN TV and watched the Cup last year (it was great) but they currently say they are still not confirmed to get it!!!

I really really want to watch it and its nearly the start of the season, anyone any ideas?

Nicki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NASCAR in the UK

well that's a very good question- 2 Feb and still no announcement- I emailed NASN and got the following

"In response to your query, I can only confirm that NASN are in negotiations with NASCAR at present regarding this years coverage but we do not expect to make an announcement regarding NASCAR coverage until nearer the start of the season,the next season does not start until mid February.

We have no confirmation as yet regarding future programming, as a result of the recent announcement about ESPN acquiring NASN, although NASN will still remain part of the Setanta Sports Package, t here is currently no further information available at this time. All future updates regarding our programming will be announced via our website, Please continue to visit http://www.nasn.com for all the latest news, updates and announcements which are released on our website in the first instance, as soon as they are available.

We do work very hard to please our subscribers and I can confirm that your comments have been forwarded to our programming and selection team. "

With Champ Car/IRL's ongoing "issues" I've gotten into NASCAR thanks to NASN's coverage (which has been excellent) and I'd hate to lose that now- Motors TV used to show Busch but they've lost the contract for this year- it would be great if Nextel Cup, Busch and Craftsman Trucks all turned up on NASN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Having watched all races for the past 3 years on NASN my sunday evenings are incomplete.Last year NASN showed coverage of the preseason gatorade duel and the Budshoot out,but with only 8 days to go there seems to be no listings as yet.Last year NASN decided that they would show the last 8 chase races on NASN2 which because i am a telewest cable customer i had to subscribe to setanta sports package at extra cost to myself.NASN stop messing with die hard Nascar fan in uk and get it sorted!
    PS yes it would be nice for NASN to cover Busch and Craftman truck series.
    2010 NASCAR pickems champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the replies, still not been able to find anything else either, if I find any news I will post.

It will be a real shame if we don't get coverage-partly as we are subscribed to Setanta until May and secondly I already have the celebratory beers in for the first race!!

Nicki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like we could be heading for bad news

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?c...=142760&bhcp=1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all depends where theyre getting their information from.

'Even though ESPN have returned as a Nextel Cup broadcaster in the United States in 2007, their coverage isn't due to begin until the second half of the 2007 season with FOX and TNT covering the first 18 races, including the prized Daytona 500.'

This doen't mean anything, ESPN own all the rights to NASCAR.

NASN knows its in their best interest to get Live NASCAR or face huge subscription losses, i just hope NASCAR realise they actually do have a huge fan base outside the US so they can reach a deal!
    http://www.chrishill44.co.uk
    #44 Spedeworth Rookie Rod

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    intresting read http://www.ft.com/cms/s/b509e28a-7be...0779e2340.html but still no clearer on tv rights in europe
    back in uk and blinking hate it but its work and pays for all my cars 2 in uk one in spain ..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i just hope NASCAR realise they actually do have a huge fan base outside the US so they can reach a deal!
    No they do not but are trying to build a fan base outside the US.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The thing is, we do have coverage on Channel Five, but its two days after the race, highlights only and shown in the small hours. While I'd welcome more coverage, I would be very annoyed if it went to Sky as I don't have it, and can't without special planning permission, and at considerable cost.

So I'm hoping that Channel Five improve on theirs.
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

Hi, am new to this forum, having only recently found it!! But have been a motor racing fan for years.

I subscribed to NASN a good few years ago essentially for the Nascar coverage, and like a good few others am waiting to see what happens before possibly cancelling subscription to what is now the Setanta package, though as has been said now that ESPN have taken over NASN probably best to wait a while.

ABC/ESPN has rights to last 18 races of Nextel Cup for next 7 years doesnt it? with Fox and then TNT having first part of season, also ESPN have rights to whole Busch series for next 7 years, so will probably wait to see what ESPN offer us here in the UK. It will be a desperate disappointment if after 4/5 years great coverage we are left with little and possibly none. What about Sky showing us Fox and TNT covered races?

(Presume IRL will be on Sky and Champ Car on Eurosport as last year?)