Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acorn
    does the current spat between virgin and sky have anything to do with it not being on cable?
    You can't help thinking Sky has leaned on NASN not to make it available on Virgin. If you call NASN with cable, they are off-hand, almost abusive saying if you don't have Sky they can't talk to you. Nice marketing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sky really are a major pain in the behind. They had no probs with NTL, but along come Virgin and they want double the price.
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acorn
    does the current spat between virgin and sky have anything to do with it not being on cable?
    Absolutely nothing. It is upto the cable companies to get the channels on board. There are a number of channels that cable does not 'carry'.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb

Absolutely nothing.
    I wouldn't be quite so sure. There is no telling what 'deals' are done in the background. It should be absolutely nothing and a completely open and free market - but that's still a novel concept for major corps.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I noticed the coverage wasn't quite as uninterrupted as it used to be on Sunday at the start of the race NASN went off air 3 or 4 times with the US coverage then we got ad free for a large portion followed by them going off agan toward the end of the race, there is nothing more annoying than the same set of adverts shown with 50 seconds of real programming in between. How do you Americans tolerate it!
    Go Kyle Busch and the 18 car! :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer
    I noticed the coverage wasn't quite as uninterrupted as it used to be on Sunday at the start of the race NASN went off air 3 or 4 times with the US coverage then we got ad free for a large portion followed by them going off agan toward the end of the race, there is nothing more annoying than the same set of adverts shown with 50 seconds of real programming in between. How do you Americans tolerate it!
    That is because it was on Setanta Ireland which has already sold advertising space (it is irelands main sports channel (other than Sky)) and even last year when NASCAR was on showed adverts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see, when I finally got access to NASCAR last year just before the last 10 races it was on Rangers TV with no ads, stupid Setanta, oh well at least I get to see it better be thankful

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry to be a pain in the backside (I am always a bit behind the times...hence the bad haircut and out of date clothes) but are we back on with coverage now with Setanta/NASN or would I be quicker trying to get a green card and attend races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's on Setanta Ireland which is unblocked for Scotland and I'm assuming England and Wales too, Busch series re-runs seem to be on the Proper NASN channel, 6pm tonight, so after this weekend when NASCAR stop showing Busch series racing on their site I'll get my fix there