Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]There are several national official Mitsubishi partners like Ralliart Italy, Ralliart GB or BRR in Austria. They sometimes compete in their local IRC rally but there is no regular participant with Mitsubishi car because S2000 are faster.

It's time for Mitsu to develop an S2000 based for example on the new COLT(displaid at the Paris Motorshow)

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Thanks for the replies.

Bruno Magalhaes was entered this year by Peugeot Total, are they any form of official factory team and does anybody know if IRC will be released on dvd, like a season review?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Peugeot Total Portugal is team supported by local Peugeot importer.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]There is no entry fee for drivers or teams except usual entry fee for each rally. Manufacturers have to pay 50 tousand Euro, I think, for registration.
    Is that all? That gives me more hope that Opel and Proton may register for next year.

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Is that all? That gives me more hope that Opel and Proton may register for next year.
    It would be great to see them register, along with Skoda and a Peugeot Factory team.

Also now the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X has been homologated would be good to see a Mitsubishi factory team aswell.

IRC 2009 should be good.

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    I have small hopes for Opel,it is basically an MSD and Machale family project.
    I was hoping for MG to start rallying in Europe outside Britain and make a step into national and international rallies including IRC.And it didnt.

I think that the Corsa S2000 is the most un-works S2000 project today and that it will be sold to 3-4 rich Irish guys (I would be glad to be proven wrong,the car looks great!!!).

Peugeot,Fiat and Škoda in my opinion will be the only cars sold in big numbers.
    They are basically the only full-works projects

That is my opinion

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Urabus: There is a chance to see Jones in MG in IRC next year. He said they are working on it with their main partner Lico Wheels.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urabus-denoS2000
    I think that the Corsa S2000 is the most un-works S2000 project today and that it will be sold to 3-4 rich Irish guys (I would be glad to be proven wrong,the car looks great!!!).
    I don’t think they’re getting the invested money back by selling only 3-4 cars.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    I don’t think they’re getting the invested money back by selling only 3-4 cars.
    That is my opinion : I really think that this is already a dead car

I mean look at the promotion (I might be wrong about this because I was on holiday with very little Internet,this is what my friend told me) :Nobody knew about the project until a few weeks before Rally Deutschland where they said it was going to debut.
    Everybody knew about Peugeot S2000 1,5 years before it debuted!!!
    Not to talk about Škoda,everybody has been talking about them since 2006 and still hasnt made its debut (hope that will make it the best S2000 )

As I said,these are factory projects so you can understand the promotion

But look at Proton and MG:Both half-works projects and everybody knew about it 1 year before they came to the rally stages.

I know that doesnt matter much but it seems to me that it shows the unprofesionalism of the project (as I said before,I would be glad to be proven wrong )