Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris333
    I've tried to give the new and improved Indycar a chance, I really have, but unless a whole bunch of things change between now and '09, I'm done with American Open Wheel Racing. It's a joke.
    I weep for American Open Wheel Racing now that you have left it. <sniffle>
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris333

I've tried to give the new and improved Indycar a chance, I really have, but unless a whole bunch of things change between now and '09, I'm done with American Open Wheel Racing.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The IRL fan
    i think its a nice fresh start for vitor, you hate to lose a driver like vitor, to nascar or F1, so im glad AJ pick him up befor anyone could
    I totally agree. He's a good driver and I would be surprised if no team would sign him for next year. Good for Vitor.

09's driver line up is shaping up pretty quickly. Teams signing drivers early which is a good sign, good drivers are filling the back-marker or mid-marker teams, etc. It going well so far.
    "Lawyers are the best investment"....Tom Leykis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With the exception of the Glen, Manning was not really impressive last year. I don't know whether that was a car issue or a driver issue. Vitor is a great driver so I guess we'll find out. Unfortunately for him, I think it's going to be impossible to clinch that first win with a Foyt car.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Vitor needs to be looked after and loved and AJ just got bee stings and bitching so I see this as a bad move chemistry wise. Hope I am wrong.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think its a good move for AJ Foyt Enterprises. We may see this team on a podium next year for a change. Meira is a better driver than Manning. I knew it would be just a matter of time before Meira was picked up by a team.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Good and bad I guess. Good that Vitor has a ride, although I would have preferred for him to have found a more competitive opening, and I hope Manning manages to find a seat too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Panther and Foyt are midpack one car teams that finished 1 point apart in the 2008 points. Vitor's move is basically a sideways move. He should do at least as well as he did at Panther. The difference will depend on the chemistry between Vito and the Foyt team. A plus for Vitor is the fact that Foyt wants to go to 2 cars, which can improve feedback and may allow the team to move up the grid. Panther has indicated it is unlikely to move to 2 cars, so he may be better off at Foyt than at Panther.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to see PT get a competitive ride as much as anyone. I'd like to see JEFF GORDON get a competitive ride in the IRL as much as anyone. But there are so many factors in getting there -- friends, talent, money, sponsor acceptance, team -- and Vitor is a good guy and a formidable competitor, I'm pleased he landed early with a team that has a CHANCE at being occasionally competitive.......although I have nothing against Manning, either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Meira's move means Foyt gets a stronger oval racer but a weaker road/street course racer. Nothing much gained with this signing IMO.
    Go the ALL BLACKS !