Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Biodiesel for BTCC?

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Bio...~id~142703.htm

Seems quite interesting if they can pull it off! Wasn't Rick Kerry looking at diesel for the 1-Series?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In the BTCC.net report the press release says that Scott Racing planning to enter there own diesel powered car this year and slowly increase the amount of bio-diesel they use throughout the year. I wonder what car?
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Best bet as a test bed maybe something like an Astra Coupe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is this anything to do with rick kelly ?

or is this another project ??
    BTCC-All the Honda's
    WTCC-Priaulx
    V8-Lowndes and courtney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Reading the BTCC.net article it makes it a bit clearer, its a project run by Scott Racing Ltd, they race their own car

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i thought form the crash.net article that they were developing an engine, probably for teams to use, i didn't realise they had plans for their own car.

i would imagine it would be of interest to Rick Kerry, i hope he's come accross the same info, as it stands he will be the only Diesel entry, so if its going to get into the BTCC this year i imagine thats the only way
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    i thought form the crash.net article that they were developing an engine, probably for teams to use, i didn't realise they had plans for their own car.

i would imagine it would be of interest to Rick Kerry, i hope he's come accross the same info, as it stands he will be the only Diesel entry, so if its going to get into the BTCC this year i imagine thats the only way
    Could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if this has got anything to do with Rick Kerry's project.

If I remember rightly, his car is being built up from BMW Motorsport shells and parts- they basically supply a complete kit for the 1-series diesel (they're raced in the VLN endurance series in Germany amongst other places) the same way they do with the customer S2000 BMWs.

I'd be very surprised if he uses anything other than BMW Motorsport-sourced engines

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've hoped for a while that someone would consider running diesel. I know the S2000D rules are a bit restrictive (using an OE type turbo) which rules out most of the manufacturers, but as BMW have bigger capacity engines, it stands to reason they could use one of them in the rules (I think)

it'll be interesting to see how it goes, given the economy won't be noticeable really.... but since marketing is half of BTCC, they'll get plenty of it even if they're last

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Means diddly squat probably but it is nice to see Country Durham, a local county, want to become part of the BTCC's drive to use bioethanol.

Does anyone think the 62k grant from the DTI will be enough?
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Biodiesel not bioethanol. I think they have their own money aswell and probably have sponsorship.