Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Well if they are driving Mitsubishis (which I guess most of them are?) then they would get the coverage if they performed well enough. But that is a pretty hard task against S2000 cars these days... and provided that any IRC competition didn't discourage any regulars from entering then it should only add to the entry list?

It's only speculation anyway..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Well if they are driving Mitsubishis (which I guess most of them are?) then they would get the coverage if they performed well enough. But that is a pretty hard task against S2000 cars these days... and provided that any IRC competition didn't discourage any regulars from entering then it should only add to the entry list?

It's only speculation anyway..
    Is it only speculation? If you followed the russian event maybe you can tell me how much attention did the russian guy get who was running second, as far as I know they did not interview him a single time.
    Also I would like to hear in what way the coverage would be of better quality if the event would be IRC.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Dont confuse IRC and IRC Supporter Event. IRC Supporter Event can be each event, which will pay for it... More than 20 events wants to be in IRC for next year and Arctic Rally wants to be there...
    And Arctic Lapland Rally NEVER been real ERC event (I mean ERC in new days or ERC event with coeff. 20 in previous years), it was only European Cup (or in past ERC with lower coefficient), which wasnt important for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Is it only speculation? If you followed the russian event maybe you can tell me how much attention did the russian guy get who was running second, as far as I know they did not interview him a single time.
    Also I would like to hear in what way the coverage would be of better quality if the event would be IRC.
    You mean Nokinov? If so, that would be because he was driving a Subaru.

When I said "it is only speculation", I meant it's only speculation that it could be on the IRC calendar.

And re: better coverage, I said more. I don't know how the quality of the tv coverage of the Finnish championship is over there, although one would presume it is pretty good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You mean Nokinov? If so, that would be because he was driving a Subaru.
    Yes that was the guy, so he did drive the wrong car bad luck.
    It would be nice to see how our Subaru drivers would explaine to their sponsors why there was no TV time in the season opening, just speculation.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Yes that was the guy, so he did drive the wrong car bad luck.
    It would be nice to see how our Subaru drivers would explaine to their sponsors why there was no TV time in the season opening, just speculation.
    IRC events don't exclude the local tv company from showing their own footage of whatever they want so it would be no different in that respect. If the local drivers wanted to compete in IRC for the whole year then they obviously would not chose a Subaru, for more than one reason.

Anyhow man, what are you doing on the IRC forum since you apparantly hate it so much?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IRC events don't exclude the local tv company from showing their own footage of whatever they want so it would be no different in that respect. If the local drivers wanted to compete in IRC for the whole year then they obviously would not chose a Subaru, for more than one reason.

Anyhow man, what are you doing on the IRC forum since you apparantly hate it so much?
    I think you asked me a question, and i dont hate IRC, i think its ok for past top level drivers or drivers with not so high ambitions.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Tomi: You're meesing it. What is wrong on promoting registred manufacturers only? The fact commercial IRC doesn't show Subarus is problem of Subaru only. Why Subaru don't want their customers to be shown on IRC coverage?

Anyway, do they show non-PWRC (JWRC) drivers on TV when broadcasting official PWRC (JWRC)? No. And that is totaly same. For "registration" in IRC You need just registred car, no other needs. Mitsubishi drivers have enough place on TV if they are good enough. Andreucci, Cols, Kresta, Pech and others last year or Hanninen this year in Portugal were on Eurosport like any other IRC contender.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Tomi: You're meesing it. What is wrong on promoting registred manufacturers only? The fact commercial IRC doesn't show Subarus is problem of Subaru only.
    it depends of the point of view, if you look from manufacturers or the drivers side.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Take it the same way as JWRC or PWRC. If You don't register, You don't exist for official coverage. In IRC You don't need to register (and to do 6 events in the season under a possible penalty if not) but You must have registred car.

And from my point of view IRC is more friendly to privaters in this case becausef if You are a privateer and have registred car, You needn't do do anything alse than to be fast enough to get on TV. No extra money, no need to do another events.

Why Subaru refuses to register is another question and I don't know the answer.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump