Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SEAT pulls out of BTCC at end of year! Not a joke!

SIX THRILLING YEARS FOR SEAT SPORT UK Following six successful years in British motorsport, SEAT UK has decided that it will not participate in the British Touring Car Championship for the 2009 season. This year will also mark the end of the SEAT Cupra Championship, the popular and highly-regarded one-make series that has nurtured talented drivers on their way to a place in either the BTCC or WTCC – previous SCC stars include Gordon Shedden, Rob Huff and Mat Jackson. Offering the biggest prize pot in British motorsport, this series was first run in the UK in 2003. The Spanish brand’s ethos is ‘sporty, design-driven and lively’. Since the start of its activities in British motorsport, as well as on a wider stage with the World Touring Car Championship, SEAT has successfully strengthened its sporty and lively credentials. Now, with the brand’s image continuing to develop, SEAT UK is looking to broaden its appeal through its marketing strategy. The company will be utilising the resource that would otherwise have been used in British motorsport in areas that will continue to boost brand awareness and vehicle sales.
    Scott Dennis, SEAT UK National Motorsport & Events Manager, added: ‘There’s no doubting that SEAT and SEAT Sport UK have made a huge impact on the British motorsport scene. The SCC has proved to be a fantastic breeding ground for genuine talent – drivers that have gone on to participate at the highest level of touring car racing. We’ve made a big impression on the BTCC too, during our five seasons. Our roll call of drivers – Rob Huff, James Thompson, Luke Hines, James Pickford and Tom Coronel, as well as current duo Darren Turner and Jason Plato – have helped secure the 2006 Manufacturers’ Trophy, the 2007 Teams’ Trophy, as well as the first ever win for a diesel car in the 50-year history of the Championship with this year’s Leon TDI. ‘Of course, the SEAT Sport UK team has been essential in securing these successes, and I’d like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who has contributed. In particular I’d like to thank Grant Clearwater and Ian Fisher (Team Principals of Northern South Limited) for their unwavering professionalism throughout our relationship with them. I’d also like to thank Jason and Darren for their commitment to SEAT Sport UK. Jason in particular has been a consistent strength of the team from our first season in 2004, as well as a front runner in both this and last year’s season. Like all of the other SEAT BTCC drivers, he and Darren have also been great brand ambassadors.’ The SEAT Sport UK team is looking forward to contesting the final weekend of the BTCC at Brands Hatch on 20/21 September where, in the Leon TDI, Jason hopes to secure the accolade of most wins this season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im confused....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SEATFreak is going to have to change his name (again)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70472

VauxhallFreak, anybody..?
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont see it happening. But im in utter shock. No one saw this coming!

I mean at first I smiled. But to be honest, it's not good for the sport or the fans. The main Big manufacturer rivalry has gone, only one manufacturer in it, (at the moment).

Where on earth is Plato going to go?
    Turner won't be back I'd guess.

I'm just in shock. Seat would have won next year.

Just... I don't know!
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wel you know what they say - Quit while your ahead(or not) !

very shocking.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thompp
    SEATFreak is going to have to change his name (again)
    What was it before?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    MG Freak, I believe.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    Wel you know what they say - Quit while your ahead(or not) !

very shocking.....
    Haha, but they would have won next year!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MG freak?

Bahahahahahahaha. But that is what all Mg fans are called!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quick sugestion - LADAfreak? or go back to MG because Jason Hughes seems a bit reluctant to let go!