View Poll Results: Did FIA make the right decision ?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 29.11%
  • No

112 70.89%
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Here's a thought. If this thread ever finishes, we can take all the posts and add them to the Stepneygate posts, bind them in a book, sell it and split the earnings among all the forum members! All we need is a title. I'm suggesting "F1 - IF"

PM me when my check is ready!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    Here's a thought. If this thread ever finishes, we can take all the posts and add them to the Stepneygate posts, bind them in a book, sell it and split the earnings among all the forum members! All we need is a title. I'm suggesting "F1 - IF"

PM me when my check is ready!
    I think - 'chinless wonders talk cohones all day long' is a much more fitting title.

Honestly, this place is getting worse for crap than a bus stop outside a council estate. Does no-one ever engage their brains before typing any more?

Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    I must admit that was a stupid thing for him to say. The rights and wrongs of the penalty have been debated to death, but if a penalty is justified then it shouldn't matter one iota whether it is unpopular.
    In theory I agree with you, but in reality I don't. If the Stewards aren't going to consistantly penalise drivers on issues, or even find them guilty and still let them off for not gaining a sporting advantage, surely not gaining a sporting advantage should be let off at all cases?

Not just when its a red car involved.

And then we have past history showing the FIA and Stewards notion of everything has to be 100% certain and proven before they find someone guilty.

While I can see why some people think he gained a slight advantage (which was ultimately none considering Kimi crashed), its not a fact, its a pure guess. And the Stewards shouldn't be making such decisions on guesses. Decisions which will ultimately affect the title.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    In theory I agree with you, but in reality I don't. If the Stewards aren't going to consistantly penalise drivers on issues, or even find them guilty and still let them off for not gaining a sporting advantage, surely not gaining a sporting advantage should be let off at all cases?

Not just when its a red car involved.

And then we have past history showing the FIA and Stewards notion of everything has to be 100% certain and proven before they find someone guilty.

While I can see why some people think he gained a slight advantage (which was ultimately none considering Kimi crashed), its not a fact, its a pure guess. And the Stewards shouldn't be making such decisions on guesses. Decisions which will ultimately affect the title.
    To be honest anyone who disagrees with what Dave said in that post should be banned.

If someone does something wrong they should be penalised regardless of where they are in the title race. It's a pity when it affects the title race but rules is rules. I see no room on this forum for people who have a favourite driver and want them to get special treatment.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    To be honest anyone who disagrees with what Dave said in that post should be banned.

If someone does something wrong they should be penalised regardless of where they are in the title race. It's a pity when it affects the title race but rules is rules. I see no room on this forum for people who have a favourite driver and want them to get special treatment.
    Well, as I pointed out, in theory I agree with it.

But in reality you have to look at the facts. Unsafe pit releases, Ferrari was punished. If they class that as unsafe, then countless of other pit releases have been unsafe this season and gone unpunished.

Why is it fair that Ferrari get penalised and the others don't? They all broke the rules, yet only Ferrari got punished.

So yeah, I believe if you break the rules, you should be punished no matter what, but its got to be consistant, you can't choose to randomly punish rule breaking, its got to be continous.