Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    Indeed, there is no excuse for not getting the car working like he wants, but that's not the case here really. This time he was prutty happy how the car behaved, but he risked too much in the end.

To me it is more than that, when he is popping off fastest laps of the race at the end of the race, when the race is pretty much over. So I do not see how one can say it is merely a car issue, cause otherwise those fast laps would not be there.

Smart move by ferrari would have been to pit and he probably would have won, but that is hindsight. In those conditions, it was luck. Besides if he had settled for 2nd, most everyone and their dog (and cats) would be calling him a yellow belly dog-faced coward or worse, onstead of just "[code=php][/code]lazy"
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    He's right, 2nd was not good enough, he tried to win the race to stay in touch for the title but he made a mistake and had bad luck at same time. You can't condemn him for that...I certainly won't !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

I think Tamburello is more upset over the fact that he has no confidence in mass beating out LH for the title. I would not write off massa completely, but right now, there appears to be only two drivers with proven ability to go toe to toe with LH and his Mac over all the tracks for an entire season. One is Kimi and the other FA.

This race result might mean that unless LH has a number of non-finshes for the rest of the season, that LH and Mac will win it all.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    In Valencia Massa won over Lewis. It is not impossible for FM to win the championship.
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    I think Tamburello is more upset over the fact that he has no confidence in mass beating out LH for the title. I would not write off massa completely, but right now, there appears to be only two drivers with proven ability to go toe to toe with LH and his Mac over all the tracks for an entire season. One is Kimi and the other FA.
    FA, right now? Based on what exactly?! Reading in the stars, maybe?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    FA, right now? Based on what exactly?! Reading in the stars, maybe?

No I am talking ability of the driver, not the combo of car and driver. In my opinion, Kim and Ferrai vs. LH and Mac, are the only two combos at the top of the heap, consistently over all tracks, that one can depend on.

massa and Ferrari is often something of a second place runner. There will have to be a dramactic and consistent improvement in Mass to win a wdc. Not impossible, but that is not yet something that one can depend on at this stage. Kimi OTOH, when he puts himself to it, is the faster driver. And perhaps explains tamburelo response about lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    No I am talking ability of the driver, not the combo of car and driver. In my opinion, Kim and Ferrai vs. LH and Mac, are the only two combos at the top of the heap, consistently over all tracks, that one can depend on.

massa and Ferrari is often something of a second place runner.
    Nobody could depend on Kimi this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unbelivable all this bashing. In this race Kimi showed again that he is fast. I've been reading about million posts in this forum about Kimi being slow, fat and lost his motivation. Well, what do you people say now? How slow is he again?

Ok, he did a mistake but everyone makes mistakes every now and then. Kimi has made too many mistakes this season and he has had his share of bad luck, but van someone say that he is not trying?
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Second place not good enough? Kimi has to recall last year, when he won the title thanks to consistency especially in the second half of the season and Hamilton lost the title due to the "P2 isn't good enough" attitude in China.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Today, second would have got him first place.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.