Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheres Waldo?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wak wak wak

Well clearly he had a much larger effect on you 2 that he did on me or anyone else here.
    In the words of the wise old Rock-Man, You see what you want to see, hear what you want to hear and pick the people you want to oppose.
    I posted my observation of the matter and I find the subject without further value or need of my input.
    You 2 can be the National co-chairs of who is righteous & who isn't here, it ain't my job or desire.
    :arrows:Comparing those times is comparing a NASA scientist with a Nascar fan...IT WONT WORK!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brock
    I'm not exactly clear about what you are specifically trying to say, so I'll answer both of the possible interpretations.

When I take the time to communicate with another fan I carefully choose my words in order that I express the exact sentiment & concept I have in mind, IF I wanted to express "that he donkey we once knew as Waldo was more than a race fan than I, or any of us.." I would have done so without reservation. hesitation or deviation, but I didn't, instead I said,
    "he was more interested in the past than people care about now....
    He just wanted to bore everyone here with every fact he knew...
    pizzdoff a lot of BS'er and fantasylife racers...
    LIVES for the month of May of the racing season to start...
    His approach was just misdirected, his tolerance low and his time wasted....
    his tolerance low and his time wasted....
    he just wanted to be accepted as someone who knew more than the average fan which he seemed to be.

Now I ask you, where in the above did I SAY, IMPLY or INFER that
    "Waldo was more than a race fan than I, or any of us" ?

Certainly you cannot assume that my vocabulary is so taxed that I was unable to formulate the response you seem to take issue with, I can only deduce that some of my statements threatened you or at minimum caused you so deep concern.
    Without defending someone whom I do not know, I made an observation about another man(?) whose perspective in NOT mainstream & whose manner is somewhat abrasive in addition to being quick tempered.
    The guy has the exact behavior traits one would expect Jesse James the customizer to have and as he demonstrated on his TV show throughout the run of the series. People can posses knowledge, attempt to share it and be rejected or they can say nothing and act smug, I prefer the first over the last, I like to understand the other guys train of thought & find out what he knows, passing by free knowledge, liquor,money or food is the action of a fool, or someone that running from something.

I never felt threatened by waldo, his memories or his veracity, I'm grown-up and have a thick skin from being screwd by the Government if nothing else.

Waldo was just another net jockey that comes & goes like a newspaper on a park bench, you pick it up or leave it lay,
    you read it & like it or you don't.
    you take it personally or you let it slide.
    You don't go over to the paperbox & stand around telling people
    the paper they are reading is junk or written by an idiot,
    no, you assume 2 things"
    NO responsibility for the content or writer
    and
    everybody who can buy one can figure out if
    what's printed is a lie or not, if they can't, TFB,
    they are not your clients to educate anyway
    AND
    if you try to educate or warn them, you have to ask yourself DO THEY WANT TO BE WARNED or just assuming they want your input.

IF you assume the latter the YOU are doing things for the same reason that the person you are at odds with does!
    Acting the same as the person you have singled out is bad form and
    self-debasing, do THAt too much & YOU will become some else focus of ridicule or anger, this IS the INTERNET after all, where the rues of life are held in suspension as long as anonymous access is legal, you KNEW that when you signed on.

I said what I said because it was EXACTLY what I wanted to say,
    reading anything else into it or between the lines is looking for hoo-doo's that do not exist, in my intentions or my printed words.
    Pre-supposition of my or anyones intentions is a guessing game played by those who don't understand what they read,
    those who can't understand and
    those who won't understand or
    people looking to create some confrontation in their life,
    please do NOT pre-suppose my efforts, pre-supposition is prejudicial & I have never given you or anyone here the right or cause for that type of action.

Waldo evidently was turned out of here at some point in the recent past,
    as I read the forums contents I see no evidence that he has returned,
    all it would take is another gmail-addy & he could be back ,
    he hasn't and thus he has been able to get beyond whatever caused you two to tangle,
    when do you plan to follow his example & forget about him?

He just happened to be older with an exceptional memory of a time that was completely different than today. Comparing those times with now is like comparing a NASA scientist with a Nascar fan...IT WONT WORK! I personally am glad that Waldo is gone, he belongs in another place.
    [/quote]

Wow, "Dave", reading this kind of stuff makes me belive to think you ARE "Waldo". Let's see, long winded, defensive.... yep...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I, as well as a few others are thinking the exact same thing.

Time to move on. I'm over it
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is where your deductive reasoning crashes into reality.
    Your presumptions could not be more misdirected, evidently you still need him
    in order to maintain your stature somewhere,
    I NEVER needed him...& don't write in his unusual vernacular.
    If you need a strawman to knock around I suggest you find a whimp willing to play the role.
    I ain't and won't.
    :arrows:Comparing those times is comparing a NASA scientist with a Nascar fan...IT WONT WORK!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, "Dave", reading this kind of stuff makes me belive to think you ARE "Waldo". Let's see, long winded, defensive.... yep...[/QUOTE]

This is where your deductive reasoning crashes into reality.
    Your presumptions could not be more misdirected, evidently you still need him
    in order to maintain your stature somewhere,
    I NEVER needed him...& don't write in his unusual vernacular.
    Being unable to differentiate between 2 people is pretty basic,
    you should have a better grasp of the concept BEFORE you exercise
    your right to vote...
    just in case you ever have the urge to do so.

If you need a strawman to knock around
    I suggest you find a whimp willing to play the role.
    I ain't and won't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can you still read these posts after being banned?
    INDY!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate to state the obvious

Being banned from any pissant internet forum
    has no effect on ones vision or abilities to read...
    at least not on the planet I reside.
    Being banned would have an effect on ones abilities to POST there
    but then that was not the question in question was it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Waldo....

Quote Originally Posted by 16&Gtown
    why did he get the boot? I was away for a few weeks, came back and my favorite enemy has been banned?
    Was a new alias for one who had previously been banned, and had predicted Champcar's success, despite real reports to the contrary.

Good ridence!
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I hoped after his "time out" to rekindle that sort of exchange, but no. Waldo was back to his old tricks, telling everyone who would listen and those that didn't want to the HE knew more than all of us combined and we had to take his opinion while subjugating our own.

There is a difference between ignoring a loud mouth and standing aside while someone denigrates you and others around you. There is honor in the former, but not the latter.

Gary
    One of many on my old ignore list. I'm sure I'm on a few as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brock
    Being banned from any pissant internet forum
    has no effect on ones vision or abilities to read...
    at least not on the planet I reside.
    Being banned would have an effect on ones abilities to POST there
    but then that was not the question in question was it?
    First of all some forums can block your IP address and block you totally from the site. So maybe whatever world it is you do live on doesn't know much about how the internet works...
    INDY!