Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    I don't understand why so many of you blame Hirvonen for bad performance! I'm sure was Loeb driving the Focus, he would have been beaten by the same Loeb in the C4. And probably by a similar margin as Hirvonen was beaten. The problem is Ford stuck in development behind Citroens, as even Mikkelsen confirmed this fact. Yes, of course there's room for Mikko's development as an asphalt driver, but the difference between him and Loeb isn't actually that big as it may seem now.
    mokin: mokin:

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    I don't understand why so many of you blame Hirvonen for bad performance! I'm sure was Loeb driving the Focus, he would have been beaten by the same Loeb in the C4. And probably by a similar margin as Hirvonen was beaten. The problem is Ford stuck in development behind Citroens, as even Mikkelsen confirmed this fact. Yes, of course there's room for Mikko's development as an asphalt driver, but the difference between him and Loeb isn't actually that big as it may seem now.
    I kind of agree with you here. I don't think he's at good as Loeb on asphalt but he wasn't much slower than Duval who is one of the quickest asphalt drivers in the world. I actually find Hirvonen more impressive on asphalt than gravel, but when Loeb is there he's always going to look second best.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Still can't agree with White Sauron: Ford did not stuck in development, it was yust a short test with Mikkelsen and with all respect to a young Norwegian driver, he still needs some skills to drive a Focus WRC on the limit, not to give a verdict, that C4 is much better on tarmac. The only two or three persons are Mikko, Duval, Marcus and maybe Gigi, all others must still find some missing seconds in their personal driving....And not yust pass a short, one day test, those cars need much more intensive test, you should know that.
    And another thing: problem of all drivers, who are behind Loeb on tarmac is that Loeb is 100% all the time on the limit and others can do this yust on two or theree stages, at that time they can also be faster than Loeb. Yust look stage times on second and third leg. Loeb admited at those results, that they were simply faster...
    Loeb can attack already on the first stage, others are still looking for better set-up (yust hear the statements during service), Subaru even risks with other compound of tyres...
    ucci

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Some statistics:

69 Cars started the race, 49 ended (71 %)
    1 was disqualified
    36 out of 69 didn't use superally (52%)

Next there are different classes and their reliability rate (only first retirement included).
    WRC -17ok+ 7 retired (superally + final day)= 24total (71%) reliability rate.
    A7 - 6 + 4 =10 (60%)
    N3 - 5 + 4 = 9 (56%)
    A6 - 5 + 8 = 13 (38%)
    N4 - 3 + 10 = 13 (23%)

Conclusion: Don´t take N4 or A6 class cars if you want to finis in Spain :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zes
    I think they should do something to Catalunya rally. This is as boring as F1. Nothing happens during the race and it has been like this for years. Is it too easy rally? Other tarmac rallies atleast have something happening.
    I agree. The roads are too wide, which makes it too easy for the drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jure dvorsek
    Still can't agree with White Sauron: Ford did not stuck in development, it was yust a short test with Mikkelsen and with all respect to a young Norwegian driver, he still needs some skills to drive a Focus WRC on the limit, not to give a verdict, that C4 is much better on tarmac. The only two or three persons are Mikko, Duval, Marcus and maybe Gigi, all others must still find some missing seconds in their personal driving....And not yust pass a short, one day test, those cars need much more intensive test, you should know that.
    I know that. But you forgot to apply the same to the C4. I think it's obvious that he should have faced the same problem with that car as much is with the Focus. But somehow he felt the car was much better from the word go. Doesn't this fact prove my point even more?
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I saw the tail end of the tv footage from Spain on "Dave" on Monday and poor Mikko looked a mixture of bored and frustrated.

A lot of people have blamed Catalunya for making boring TV but I think the cars are at least as guilty. Even on that stage with the roundabout, which is obviously meant to be good for the TV and spectators, the cars were merely wiggling their tail ends a tiny bit. No sliding at all.

I think it is a bit of a myth that torque is really important to make an entertaining car. The S2000 cars now look more agile than this and I think the reason is a less sophisticated transmission and lighter weight.