Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ogier had the change to seal tjhe Junior title. He now as 4 gap to defend agianst Aaron Burkart, both driving a Citroen C2 (34 - 30 pts), The rest is out of reach for the title.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RALLY CATALUNYA

2005: 1-2 CITROEN, 3 FORD

2006: 1-2 CITROEN, 3 FORD

2007: 1-2 CITROEN, 3 FORD

2008: 1-2 CITROEN, 3 FORD

No coments.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Possibly the most boring WRC-event I can remember in years. Nobody had notable problems, no one went of (Except Aava), nothing happened. Oho such exciting the WRC is these days...
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

Thumbs up

The team orders to make Duval drop back to 4th is pathetic, and there wasn't much chance of Hirvonen winning the championship anyway.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennizw
    Possibly the most boring WRC-event I can remember in years. Nobody had notable problems, no one went of (Except Aava), nothing happened. Oho such exciting the WRC is these days...
    And we wonder why there is no interest in the sport anymore from big sponsors, Manufacturers, media. It's a minority sport, the sooner people accept this the better - i;e ISC, current Manufacturers, in fact everybody connected with the sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    It was a bit boring indeed. My man of the rally was definitely Aava who gave the best fight of the rally nearly then end of last proper test and proved that he has potentitial to be allraounder.
    The other thing worth of honor was Bettega who did very well with R3 car. So, most of the rally I was following the battle from 5th to eight and slower drivers in JWRC :-)
    Next rally will be interesting. It will be third rally in a row with same engine. First two have been very dry and therefore very demanding for the engines.. So.. we will see what happens!
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rally is over, Loeb again destroyed all others, novebody was able to keep with him. I'm specaly dissapointment on following drivers: Mikko (if he want's to become a world chaimpion in the same period as Leob, he must drive faster on tarmac, but at the moment he is much slower than a driver, who drives maybe 10% of his millage in a WRC-Duval). Times, when you could become a world champion with wins yust on gravel events, are in Loeb's era over...Second on this list: Sordo, I was expecting a tight fight with Loeb. Third (again): Subaru boys, thay are lost totaly...
    So to a next event-Tour de Corse: about the winner and also the second position is nothing to be discussing, maybe this time Mikko will pass Duval betwen race, not on team orders....And maybe Subaru will be beaten less than three minutes at the end of the rally....Uau, succes for them....
    ucci

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Can't really be that disappointed with Sordo...he did what he could but lets clear here - his team mate has just won his 45th WRC event and the way to, potentially his 5th crown. This team mate also happens to be the best tarmac driver ever....coming second is no shame on Sordo it's just that Loeb is so far ahead it's silly.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think they should do something to Catalunya rally. This is as boring as F1. Nothing happens during the race and it has been like this for years. Is it too easy rally? Other tarmac rallies atleast have something happening.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't understand why so many of you blame Hirvonen for bad performance! I'm sure was Loeb driving the Focus, he would have been beaten by the same Loeb in the C4. And probably by a similar margin as Hirvonen was beaten. The problem is Ford stuck in development behind Citroens, as even Mikkelsen confirmed this fact. Yes, of course there's room for Mikko's development as an asphalt driver, but the difference between him and Loeb isn't actually that big as it may seem now.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".