Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well qualifying looks to be complete and as usual the cream rises to the top and Danica is mid-pack. With her super team, she's easily able to hold off a lot of the teams with a fraction of AGR's budget but that just shows how amazingly fast and talented she is. Looks like Will Power didn't have a lap in Q2 so at least that allowed her to crack the top 10. She is just amazing...super talented...geez!

Tomorrow in the race I look for her to drop back like usual and move up through attrition, team strategy, and all without ever making a competitive pass. I can't wait....she'll finish in the top 10 tomorrow for sure!! Oh my gosh!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Both Newman Haas Lanigan cars will start from the top six. Well done.
    Roth parked. Very well done.
    Dixon is unbeatable, I am looking for a championship crowning tomorrow.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Qualifications are over. Congrats to Scott Dixon for winning the pole. And it was a good showing for the former champcar teams, Oriol Servia, Justin Wilson, and Graham Rahal.

Danica is starting in 10th. I look for her to move up pretty quickly. She will do just fine.

Here is your starting grid....

1. #9 Scott Dixon / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
    2. #3 Helio Castroneves / Team Penske
    3. #5 Oriol Servia / KV Racing Technology
    4. #02 Justin Wilson / McDonald's Racing Team
    5. #6 Ryan Briscoe / Team Penske
    6. #06 Graham Rahal / Hole In The Wall Camps
    7. #17 Ryan Hunter-Reay / Rahal Letterman Racing - Team Ethanol
    8. #11 Tony Kanaan / Team 7-Eleven- Frank's Energy Drink
    9. #33 EJ Viso / PDVSA HVM Racing
    10. #7 Danica Patrick / Motorola
    11. #10 Dan Wheldon / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
    12. #8 Will Power / Aussie Vineyards-Team Australia
    13. #26 Marco Andretti / Meijer
    14. #4 Vitor Meira / Delphi National Guard
    15. #14 Darren Manning / ABC Supply Co. - AJ Foyt Racing
    16. #27 Hideki Mutoh / Formula Dream
    17. #2 AJ Foyt IV / Lilly Diabetes - Vision Racing
    18. #15 Buddy Rice / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
    19. #19 Mario Moraes / Sonny's Bar-B-Q
    20. #20 Ed Carpenter / Menard's - Vision Racing
    21. #36 Alex Tagliani / Sangari Conquest Racing
    22. #34 Jaime Camara / Sangari
    23. #23 Milka Duno / Citgo- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
    24. #18 Bruno Junqueira / Z-Line Designs
    25. #25 Marty Roth / Roth Racing
    26. #12 Thomas Scheckter / Symantec Luczo Dragon Racing
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Well qualifying looks to be complete and as usual the cream rises to the top and Danica is mid-pack. With her super team, she's easily able to hold off a lot of the teams with a fraction of AGR's budget but that just shows how amazingly fast and talented she is. Looks like Will Power didn't have a lap in Q2 so at least that allowed her to crack the top 10. She is just amazing...super talented...geez!

Tomorrow in the race I look for her to drop back like usual and move up through attrition, team strategy, and all without ever making a competitive pass. I can't wait....she'll finish in the top 10 tomorrow for sure!! Oh my gosh!
    Ok, so she qualified in 10th position. In the same equipment, she drove two positions worse than Tony Kanaan, and better than both Andretti and Mutoh. Yeah, she's terrible.

BTW, ever notice how most Danica discussion are started by trolls complaining about her? True race fans just treat her like any other driver. She's a reasonably solid top-10 driver, and probably the 2nd best driver on Andretti Green. Most are fine leaving it at that. But for whatever reason, she riles up a few trolls that are looking for something to complain about. If she was so bad, she wouldn't be 6th in the points standings.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's good to see a couple of the ex-ChampCar teams up in the qualifying order.

Does anyone know why Dan Wheldon qualified so poorly?
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    She's a reasonably solid top-10 driver, and probably the 2nd best driver on Andretti Green. Most are fine leaving it at that. But for whatever reason, she riles up a few trolls that are looking for something to complain about. If she was so bad, she wouldn't be 6th in the points standings.
    Not to start something, but if TK was not at AGR, they would be nothing. I agree that shes the 2nd best driver, but the other 2 are not that great, Andretti is driving like he has the ride because of his name (DNF'ed over 50% of his career starts), and Mutoh ( who was this guy??? ). if TK left, none of the drivers know how to setup a car right and AGR would be a joke, Frank would have to come in from ALMS to help them out on road courses, (if he even stays on AGR's ALMS program).

just everyone enjoy the race and shut off with Danica, the majority people know shes an average driver, but just let her be, let her fans believe shes gonna win every race, I am the same way with my driver, but I don't post like that and act like no care in teh world.

great Q-runs by Wilson and Rahal, hopefully those NHLR will finally be reliable to score good finishes.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Danica was 5th fastest in practice yesterday. Today she was 11th. She has got the speed, I look for a pole for her today, or she will start at least in the top 3.

Yep, right behind Marty Roth and Milka Duno, right? <shakes head>

Tell me how do you go from fifth on day one, to 11th on the next practice and then suddenly garner a top 3 start? I am sure a lot of teams would love to share in that strategy if you'd care to enlighten us.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    BTW, ever notice how most Danica discussion are started by trolls complaining about her?
    You might want to check your facts starting with this very thread. More of the comments here are started by one particular fan of hers.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Yep, right behind Marty Roth and Milka Duno, right? <shakes head>

Tell me how do you go from fifth on day one, to 11th on the next practice and then suddenly garner a top 3 start? I am sure a lot of teams would love to share in that strategy if you'd care to enlighten us.

Gary
    Ok, so I was a bit off on that prediction. But she will move up and finish strong tomorrow.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Ok, so I was a bit off on that prediction. But she will move up and finish strong tomorrow.

That's more like the attitude people would like to see you have. If you took this more casual, realistic approach of support instead of the unrealistic raves of lust more often I think you'll find less resistance to your enthusiasm for your favorite driver. There is nothing wrong with having favorites and least favorites. That is part of what makes racing fun. But you have to be REAL! With that...good luck to her today.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.