Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

McLaren for all their money, they flounder, why?

Mega team McLaren, have had a storied past, huge fan base and a strong automaker alliance.
    It all sounds to good to be true, and it is. They have had numerous problems, Spygate, Alonso's miss management, poor communication with it's driver during the race and last but not least, they have failed to deliver a championship in 10 years.
    One reason, Ron Dennis, it is clear to the most casual of observer, that Mr Megalomaniac himself is at the heart of the teams problems. The big question, how much longer will Mercedes, suffer this fools mismanagement. The talk is that he will not last another year, if he does not deliver a title.
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    One could equally ask why two of the world's largest motor manufacturers, Honda and Toyota, have invested billions over the last decade yet enjoyed only one solitary race win between them.

Could you provide a source for this "talk" about Ron not lasting another year?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Hardly floundering. Schumacher and Ferrari were very strong for half of it and would have taken a lot of beating. Then Renault built a very quick car and had a decent driver in Alonso. Last year when they finally got near the front they were dogged by Spygate and in fighting which got in the way of racing.

However the team has been near the top for a very long time and has always been a contender. Far from being a problem I think that Ron Dennis is one of the reasons for them being a force for so long being that he is one of the constants. Also shall we not forget the sea of nothingness that Ferrari had for umpteen years before Schumacher came along.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of person to support a team in motorsport, for me it's all about drivers. Also I think that Ron Dennis is a p**** and have never really liked McLaren because of him. However I am able to look at Formula 1 without wearing my big red coloured glasses and see that he really isn't that bad a team principle.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    One could equally ask why two of the world's largest motor manufacturers, Honda and Toyota, have invested billions over the last decade yet enjoyed only one solitary race win between them.

Could you provide a source for this "talk" about Ron not lasting another year?
    Wonder how long it will be before Honda and Toyota, are going to wise up and get out of Europe. Lets face it, the future of F1 lies in Asia. In a few years, Europe will only have 3 or maybe 4 races.
    Webber is the most overrated driver in F1, it is time for him to move over for a better prospect

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Hardly floundering. Schumacher and Ferrari were very strong for half of it and would have taken a lot of beating. Then Renault built a very quick car and had a decent driver in Alonso. Last year when they finally got near the front they were dogged by Spygate and in fighting which got in the way of racing.

However the team has been near the top for a very long time and has always been a contender. Far from being a problem I think that Ron Dennis is one of the reasons for them being a force for so long being that he is one of the constants. Also shall we not forget the sea of nothingness that Ferrari had for umpteen years before Schumacher came along.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of person to support a team in motorsport, for me it's all about drivers. Also I think that Ron Dennis is a p**** and have never really liked McLaren because of him. However I am able to look at Formula 1 without wearing my big red coloured glasses and see that he really isn't that bad a team principle.

Ron Dennis/Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestien are the real problem in F1. All three are the "Old Boys Club" they are bleeding the whole thing dry, they need to go.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wonder how long this thread will last

Flame on

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    Wonder how long it will be before Honda and Toyota, are going to wise up and get out of Europe. Lets face it, the future of F1 lies in Asia. In a few years, Europe will only have 3 or maybe 4 races.
    You truly are clairvoyant. There will always be races in UK, Germany, Italy.
    There are currently two races in Spain, counting the European GP.
    There is Turkey, Monaco, France, Hungary, and Belgium. O.K Einstein,
    how long do they have until Six or seven of these races are moved to Asia? Ten years?
    Twenty? Or to use an expression you are fond of. When pigs fly?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    You truly are clairvoyant. There will always be races in UK, Germany, Italy.
    There are currently two races in Spain, counting the European GP.
    There is Turkey, Monaco, France, Hungary, and Belgium. O.K Einstein,
    how long do they have until Six or seven of these races are moved to Asia? Ten years?
    Twenty? Or to use an expression you are fond of. When pigs fly?
    Since when was Turkey in Europe. You may have an expanding Eu but that is a stretch for anybody.
    Last time I checked, half of the races are not in Eu

Quote Originally Posted by DezinerPaul
    Since when was Turkey in Europe. You may have an expanding Eu but that is a stretch for anybody.
    Last time I checked, half of the races are not in Eu
    Because the EU is a union of nations from the continent of Europe. There are more contries in Europe than in the European Union. It's sort of like saying that Ontario isn't in America. Whilst it's not in the USA it's still in the continent of North America. I hope thats clear

In other words Turkey is in Europe (that's why they can play in football's European Championships which were held last month )

And having half of the races still isn't bad considering the size of the rest of the world Woooo Europe