Page 4 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c4
    What a shocker, NOT!!

Might be being slightly unfair but they never seemed fully commited like Citroen or Peugeot were when they entered. Chopping and changing engineers, Managers, etc Hardly conducive to a successful team is it?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    again, as I said a few month back, they have totally understimated the logisitcs, resources and money involved to compete in WRC. Sure they cancelled any recent testing, so it must have been un the radar for a while now.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c4
    I honestly think their first full year has been borderline pathetic, so maybe it would be good for them to leave WRC ... before they do more damage to their image.

And I honestly don't care if they are there or not. Instead bring on more serious manufacturers.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    I honestly think their first full year has been borderline pathetic, so maybe it would be good for them to leave WRC ... before they do more damage to their image.

And I honestly don't care if they are there or not. Instead bring on more serious manufacturers.
    I agree so much I can't even breathe.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    So, actually you can see that his results were very good as long as his co-driver was Oriol Julia. After that, everything went worse. And from your video you can see that in Germany he went into the vines because co-driver lost himself. Xevi did very correct thing, he started to scream the legend to make it easier for codriver to find the right page. But codriver acted very wrong, he was afraid of siting beside him. He needs good codriver and the results will come!

No he did not do the correct thing. When co-driver loses his place in the notes driver must slow down until the co-driver finds his place again, otherwise it's accident time. Pons did not slow down and guess what happened.
    A good driver knows how to choose and work with the right co-driver.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    No he did not do the correct thing. When co-driver loses his place in the notes driver must slow down until the co-driver finds his place again, otherwise it's accident time. Pons did not slow down and guess what happened.
    A good driver knows how to choose and work with the right co-driver.
    Well, I called it that sometimes he overdrives it. So, he was probably thinking that it is safe to drive on that speed on this stage, but the corner was a little bit too fast :-) Anyway, we are underestimating the role of the co drivers in this forum:-) This is what I wanted to say!
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Only quantity matters, the more the merrier. Let Suzuki stay.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    Only quantity matters, the more the merrier. Let Suzuki stay.
    That's my opinion too. Every factory team is welcome, just as each private team for me.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    That's my opinion too. Every factory team is welcome, just as each private team for me.
    Or change the rules so teams only have to do 50% of the Rallies (for 3-4 years on entering), which isn't ideal, but in the current economic climate maybe a possibility.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Or change the rules so teams only have to do 50% of the Rallies (for 3-4 years on entering), which isn't ideal, but in the current economic climate maybe a possibility.
    Didn't the same story say that the Morrie Chandler is looking for the resurrection of the introductory rule (25-50-75-100% -rule)? Though I didn't know it had been revoked... But yes, that's a good rule if combined with non-scoring scheme so that introductees won't upset the championship for regular campaigners.