Page 2 of 1499 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast
    Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by anders
    Hey again.

Yes, thats true, one WRC event with WRCar.

Yes, Team Østberg and Adapta is the same. The Adapta name has been around for a while. They used to own the cars that Henning Solberg used in the norwegian championship some years ago. Aslo Thomas Schies Ford Focus.
    Now they have changed the whole teamname to Adapta WRT.
    Most of the mechanics in the team is from a swedish "motorsport mechanics school" Today the team have 4 mechanics working full time.
    Today Adapta owns 2x S10 x2 S12b 1xS9 and 1xS7 1x s4 and a Legacy, and a group N Subaru. So the mechanics have someting to do

For now they are looking for drivers who can do 10 events or more. So they did now want to talk about driver who wanted to do less events yet.
    But if they cant find a 10 event driver they will be looking for drivers who can do less.

Yes, the plan now is for 10 events, but if I get good sponsorships I will do every event.

Yes, I will try to do as many recces as possible, the poor thing is that we have a really busy season here at home now where am looking for medals in Norwegian Rally Championship and Norwegian Hill climp championship.
    It's really cool that you answer these questions. Thanks for that.

Are you able to tell what kind of money via sponsorships you need to raise for doing 10 events?

I have no idea myself, but my guess would be that one WRC event in a WRC car would cost 150.000-200.000 Euro. Is that completely wrong?

Are you considering a similar thing to what Guy Wilks is doing with his £2000 shares? - I guess there are quite a lot on norwegian rally fans that are looking forward to an all norwegian M2 team - so maybe it would be possible to raise some money from private donations?

PS: I work as a motorsport journalist in GP2, and I know a driver in that series normally needs to raise between 1.0-1.3 million Euro for a full season. (Depending on the team).
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks
    No worries, I love rallying and answer the questions is just fun.

About the money I have no comment. Simply because the team don`t want let med tell anyone.

We have some good plans about how we should raise the money. But we need to work hard, and have luck!

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    About the Tirabassi deal. I think it is not a choise by Subaru, but rather a commercial deal as they call it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    anders: I echo everyones comments on being appreciative of your envolvement with the rallying fanbase of the world. That in itself gains you much of my praise and interest.

I can understand and appreciate the fact that you cant comment on the financial side of things, but I must say that every fan wonders just how much top level rallying is out of our financial budget.

Im also relieved to hear that your will be using S14 machinery. I just hope that you are granted the LATEST in technological advancements rather than having dated models like the Stobart/Munchi's boys do.

As far as team structure goes, who will be the boss?
    Will David Richards have contol over your team? Im wondering if DR have the power to make your team take time penalties if a SWRT car is in championship contention as Malcom Wilson does with the Ford entrants? Or is it purely whoever is fastest get the priority?

Lastly, any insight to possible car liverty? I know sponsors have a significant input into the final designs and colour schemes, but I wouldnt mind seeing something that actually looks good. For example the old Subaru liverty always looked good as it wasnt a mish-mash of 1000's of colours, but rather the riquired branding all in the same colour. Id love to see a black subaru with intencly bright silver markings (check The Vodaphone cars from Australias V8 Supercars series).

Best of luck with it all!!!

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Im also relieved to hear that your will be using S14 machinery. I just hope that you are granted the LATEST in technological advancements rather than having dated models like the Stobart/Munchi's boys do.

Being a M2 team has rule based limitations related to LATEST homogolations that can be used, therefore M2 can't always have the latest equipments in their use.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    About the Tirabassi deal. I think it is not a choise by Subaru, but rather a commercial deal as they call it
    My thoughts as well.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anders, did you not drive Sweden 2006 with the Subaru Impreza WRC?

Quote Originally Posted by anders
    Hey again.

Yes, thats true, one WRC event with WRCar.

Yes, Team Østberg and Adapta is the same. The Adapta name has been around for a while. They used to own the cars that Henning Solberg used in the norwegian championship some years ago. Aslo Thomas Schies Ford Focus.
    Now they have changed the whole teamname to Adapta WRT.
    Most of the mechanics in the team is from a swedish "motorsport mechanics school" Today the team have 4 mechanics working full time.
    Today Adapta owns 2x S10 x2 S12b 1xS9 and 1xS7 1x s4 and a Legacy, and a group N Subaru. So the mechanics have someting to do

For now they are looking for drivers who can do 10 events or more. So they did now want to talk about driver who wanted to do less events yet.
    But if they cant find a 10 event driver they will be looking for drivers who can do less.

Yes, the plan now is for 10 events, but if I get good sponsorships I will do every event.

Yes, I will try to do as many recces as possible, the poor thing is that we have a really busy season here at home now where am looking for medals in Norwegian Rally Championship and Norwegian Hill climp championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Obs.. hehe.

2 wrc events, Sweden 2006 and Rally norway 2007. sorry my bad.
    Interested in my results, vistit my webpage:http://www.andersgrondal.com then click in to Anders then "alle resultater"
    Im working on a english site now.

About the money, I understand thats something everyone here would like to know. But as long as the team tell me not to say anyting about it. Then I can`t. Sorry.

In the begining Morten Østberg will be my teamboss.
    And about stategies, I was promised that I will rund head to head vs Mads Østberg. And there will be no team orders.
    Related to the SWRT and strategies, I don`t know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Im also relieved to hear that your will be using S14 machinery.
    Looking by Germany the S12B is better.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Patrik Sandell on entrylist in a Mitsu Lancer at New-Zealand is normal or mistake from the site ???