Page 1003 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 350390395399310011002100310041005101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,030 of 14986
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paddocknews
    Breaking news! RedBull Media House set to become WRC promoter
    https://p.twimg.com/Azw2PKnCUAAg2kQ.jpg
    Awesome, I hope they do it well.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Lappi started his career in karting so he is used to driving on tarmac more than other Finns normally.
    Yes, one could even say that he is a beginner in rally but quite experienced on tarmac . He's career approach seems to go really well. Let's hope things go in line with his driving skills in the future and there is no injuries or other random things on his way.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Yes, You are right but If I understand it right the problem is that with the HANS bellow the seatbelts You make the upper body too stiff to absorb part of vertical load into its deformation.
    Why people don't use belts, which have small duplicate belts for HANS on top of the main belts which have contact with the (co)driver? Those belts were displayed even in some WRC TV HANS introduction video (2007 if I remember right) where Mikko and Jarmo showed how to wear/use HANS...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    There are same injuries with both types of belts.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    There are same injuries with both types of belts.
    Oh, okay. This was new info for me, thanks Mirek!

So then, only possibilty to achieve neck support without problems of HANS would be to connect helmet to the seat itself by straps...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paddocknews
    Breaking news! RedBull Media House set to become WRC promoter
    https://p.twimg.com/Azw2PKnCUAAg2kQ.jpg
    is Red bull going to continue with Citroen next year?
    Best Rallies;
    Omer Yetis

Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Am I right in thinking that as promoter, Red Bull will be responsible for the TV production as NOS was?

Red Bull's air racing coverage was some of the most beautiful footage I ever prepared for television. They sent it on HDCAM-SR tape, which is more expensive by a large margin than any other tape stock, normally only movies (and only some movies) get sent to TV/satellite networks on HD-SR. But when your cameras and coverage are so incredible I guess you want the best colour depth, data rate etc. when you deliver your finished programming as well (It's too bad our backwater country broadcast it with very limited data rate over satellite in the end, only I got to see it that way on a perfect calibrated 1080p pro monitor).

I'm thrilled about their involvement. If they do half of what they do for the air race shows WRC will have some very polished world-class programming.

Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Something like this (http://img02.zerogrey.com/upload/spa...dium_00162.jpg) has been used in regional events for years. It doesn't look as fancy but it helps to support the neck.
    AFAIK it's a safety device designed for karting use. In karts seat's rear side is very short and therefore rear impact is really dangerous because the upper body (including the neck) could whipsplash rearwards.

In rallying that device would help if used the wrong way around (the bulky side in front) to stop head from whipsplashing forward (because seats are high enough to provide head support backwards). In the past, I've seen it being used like that in Finland, but it ended when ASN doctor warned competitors that it could lead to severe cervical spine and throat injuries as it has not been desinged to be used that way around...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Lets hope Red bull presents rallying as the sport it is and not like those extreme games of redneck/insest culture...