Page 1 of 1499 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Please continue the news & rumours discussion here.

Previous thread:
    News & rumours

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Gareth Jones will drive his Subaru WRC (run by Dom buckley) in Catalunya & Corsica ... and perhaps in rally GB.

Forum member c4's great rallybuzz site writes that than Anders Grøndal is the favorite to join Mads Østberg in the new M2 team "Adapta Subaru WRT".

Anders Grøndal has 1 WRC event (Rally Norway 2007) to him name where he intered in the Subaru WRC run by the private "Bilbutiken Subaru Team".

I wonder if this this team will be run by Prodrive or by "Team Østberg". Somehow I feel that they will find it very hard to score both driver and manu points.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its true that I could join Mads in the 2.seat in Adapta WRT.
    But I need to get al the money from sponsors, so still there is a long way to go.
    I have driven more than 1 WRC rally, My first WRC was in 2004 with a N9 Subaru Gr.N. Then I did the swedish rally 2005,2006. In 2006 I also did the Candidate Rally Norway and was 3. overall. We also did Rally Norway 2007. But had gearbox problems from the start and had to retire.
    But it`s not what I have done in WRC events that makes them want me in the team, its much more the speed in local events. I just need to get that speed over in the WRC.

The team will be run by Adapta and Prodrive, It means we will use Adapta mechanics. But we will share service area and eat and everything with SWRT. The team will also have engineers from SWRT. The cars will be S14.
    Mads has done many WRC now, and they know what it takes to run a WRCar to the finish of a rally. If the drivers do theyr jobb right.
    Driving in the WRC is way different from driving a 150km local rally where we just to flat out from the start.
    I think the team can score points in Rally Norway and hopefully in some other events as well. For me, if I get the seat I would focus on finishing the events and learn the rallyes berfore the 2010 season. But offcorse its important to show some good speed also! Its a challenge I can`t wait for! Im just have to work hard as h.... to get the sponsorships.

If anyone has a question to me I be happy to answer them.

Best regards
    Anders Grøndal

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Hope you will find the funding Anders , it would be "helt konge"

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anders
    Its true that I could join Mads in the 2.seat in Adapta WRT.
    But I need to get al the money from sponsors, so still there is a long way to go.
    I have driven more than 1 WRC rally, My first WRC was in 2004 with a N9 Subaru Gr.N. Then I did the swedish rally 2005,2006. In 2006 I also did the Candidate Rally Norway and was 3. overall. We also did Rally Norway 2007. But had gearbox problems from the start and had to retire.
    But it`s not what I have done in WRC events that makes them want me in the team, its much more the speed in local events. I just need to get that speed over in the WRC.

The team will be run by Adapta and Prodrive, It means we will use Adapta mechanics. But we will share service area and eat and everything with SWRT. The team will also have engineers from SWRT. The cars will be S14.
    Mads has done many WRC now, and they know what it takes to run a WRCar to the finish of a rally. If the drivers do theyr jobb right.
    Driving in the WRC is way different from driving a 150km local rally where we just to flat out from the start.
    I think the team can score points in Rally Norway and hopefully in some other events as well. For me, if I get the seat I would focus on finishing the events and learn the rallyes berfore the 2010 season. But offcorse its important to show some good speed also! Its a challenge I can`t wait for! Im just have to work hard as h.... to get the sponsorships.

If anyone has a question to me I be happy to answer them.

Best regards
    Anders Grøndal
    @ Anders Grøndal,

First of all, it's really cool that you come in here and tell us all the facts.

Sorry, that I said you only had one WRC event - I was only thinking of one WRC event in a WRC car. My bad...

Regarding Adapta ... is that the same as 'Team Østberg'? I have tried to seach the net but haven't been able to find the answer.

Is it possible that you would only do some events with the Adapta team, in case the sponsorship aren't enough for a whole season? - and perhaps share the seat with another driver? ... perhaps with a tarmac driver for the two tarmac events?
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @ Anders. The plan is to do the whole 12/15 rounds seizoen?
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    @ Anders Try to do as MANY recce's that you can still this year !!! specially the European rounds
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey again.

Yes, thats true, one WRC event with WRCar.

Yes, Team Østberg and Adapta is the same. The Adapta name has been around for a while. They used to own the cars that Henning Solberg used in the norwegian championship some years ago. Aslo Thomas Schies Ford Focus.
    Now they have changed the whole teamname to Adapta WRT.
    Most of the mechanics in the team is from a swedish "motorsport mechanics school" Today the team have 4 mechanics working full time.
    Today Adapta owns 2x S10 x2 S12b 1xS9 and 1xS7 1x s4 and a Legacy, and a group N Subaru. So the mechanics have someting to do

For now they are looking for drivers who can do 10 events or more. So they did now want to talk about driver who wanted to do less events yet.
    But if they cant find a 10 event driver they will be looking for drivers who can do less.

Yes, the plan now is for 10 events, but if I get good sponsorships I will do every event.

Yes, I will try to do as many recces as possible, the poor thing is that we have a really busy season here at home now where am looking for medals in Norwegian Rally Championship and Norwegian Hill climp championship.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Nice to see you writing and answering peoples questions here Anders! It will be interesting to see how the sponsorship work goes on
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @anders again

thanx a lot joining us and giving us so much information
    but as every time money rules in motorsports
    nevertheless I wish you all the best to get as much WRC runs as possible and maybe we will meet next year on the stage ;-)