Page 179 of 230 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2297
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Janusz, this is start list for Postojnska jama: http://turizem-kras.si/wap/rezultati/startna_lista.pdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Happy New Year to you all!

Does anyone have any entry lists or results for the 1987 and 1988 Rallye du Moroc please?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MG Rally
    Happy New Year to you all!

Does anyone have any entry lists or results for the 1987 and 1988 Rallye du Moroc please?
    Sorry, wrong year!

It is the 1986 Rallye du Moroc that I am looking for details of please - date, entry list, results and photos if possible. Many thanks, and apologies for the confusion.

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts

world greatest rallies

WRC Greatest Rallies: Safari - Part 1/4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tkGJA-7wY
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Fascinating! I grew up in Kenya in the fifties and early sixties and Easter weekend meant - simply - the Safari.

At that time, ie up to about 1967 or so, the cars had to be Group 1, absolutely bog standard with no modifications allowed. But it was run on mainly "main", but still dirt and bumpy, roads. After that, limited modifications were allowed. And by 1970 the rally was open to Group 2 cars. It was only later when highly modified cars were allowed that the real "car killer" roads were introduced.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    Fact....only two of the current wrc drivers drove in the safari rally SEB LOEB and PETTER SOLBERG!
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    Group 1, absolutely bog standard with no modifications allowed
    A contradiction in terms! Let's not give further circulation to the myth that Gp1 meant standard!
    I appreciate the Safari was more restricted than FIA Gp1 at one time. I think we have previously covered on here the actual changes/dates.

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    I have no intention of promoting any myths! The original intention was "Absolutely standard, the same as any East African motorist could buy from a car showroom". The classes were even based on retail price. When the rally went international the REAAA adopted the current FIA Group 1.

Can you please provide a link to where this was discussed as I don't fancy ploughing through 1700+ posts looking for it.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    Can you please provide a link to where this was discussed as I don't fancy ploughing through 1700+ posts looking for it.
    I would if I didn't have to go through 1700 posts...
    Do we have them all still? I thought someone said recently we'd lost earlier parts of the thread? The regular rally historians were involved IIRC and I'm sure someone confirmed 1967 was the first time Gp2 was alllowed.
    What was confusing in 67 was that the Mk2 Cortina GTs Ford entered in Gp2 were mechanically (if not bodily) virtually Gp1 cars, the Mk2 Lotus not having been homologated yet (and the Mk2 GT probably not yet in Gp1?). Don't know the spec of the two(?)(Clark and Preston?) Mk1 Lotus entered but the MK1s, both Lotus and GT, had a lot of stuff homologated in Gp1.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I for one would really appreciate an 'online lecture', ideally in a separate thread, on the nuances of the Group system.