Page 201 of 230 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2297
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, can you help me? I'm searching the top 5 of Rally Andalucia/Sierra Morena 1990...

Thanks in advance!!!!

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvo in Motorsport
    Tack så hemskt mycket!! That would be great!! I have tried to find some stuff on Bo´s Volvo, and also Wayne Baldwin´s 240.

Here is my E-Mail: volvoinmotorsport@yahoo.se

In Sweden there is a lot of 240, 740 and 940 in rallies. In 1997 Mats Karlsson won the National championship with a 940, with a N/A engine putting out 275 hp
    Okej ska kolla hur man scannar in Newspapers.

I spent a lot of time with Bo and his co-driver Terry Epp---who went on to be head of "CARS" the Canadian Association of Rally Sport, and even if its a LOT of drinking, we talked and looked at his car very carefully... It was a real GruppA car, Matter alu bur, Getrag 262 close ratio 5 speed BIG brakes....all the things we are used to on good Grupp H Volvos..

I really like the idea of the 240 turbo since we had them all over here in Seattle (which you may not know but it was a city FULL of Swedes and Norsk-djävlar and where in some quarters I used to say that local zoning laws required a minimum of 5 Volvos per block, MINIMUM!

Pentii Arikkala was at that event by local invitation and driving a Mazda RX3 of a friend who was co-driving and it was a big fight till Pentti rolled the car into a little ugly ball, then Bo walked away..

It could have been a nasty DNF for Bo but i was walking over to swap stories and I saw a pretty good drip drip drip of oil, so I peek in and saw bottom fitting on the oil cooler wet--so i reached in and check and it was finger tight and only 2-3 threads left befor the hose ould have fallen off... Bo filled me with lots MORE beer as thanks, real good guy.

And if you want to pop in and see the USA Home of Volvo in Rally, and the biggest advocate look in at http://www.rallyanrchy.com.

I introduced North America to Grupp H and Fcup and have been very vigorous in suggesting that H and F should be the model for what we should be trying to do to do what we never have in rally: build the foundation--grunden o bredden---
    I'm supposed to be a saab guy--which all I ever rally, or a Ford Sierra guy cause that's the next car I have, but in last 18 months I have found and gotten 8 guys into 240s and just 1 into a Sierra...
    And I make a whole bunch of really REALLY cool things for Volvo...some of it better than what is found back in Sweden--or a better price.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd
    According to this entry list:
    http://www.thedeanrallies.com/images...Entry_List.pdf
    Ari used LAR800P with Clark in 801, of course what was put on the entry form & what they actually turned up in could be different!
    Pentti's registration is given as MLO999P.
    The entry list is posted on the Tour of Dean page of the Dean Rallies web site here:
    Home | Rally Enthusiasts | Gloucestershire | The Dean Rallies UK
    I am delighted that forum members are visiting The Dean Rallies site for reference purposes, and I apologize for the slight inaccuracy. As Steve Boyd suggested the details listed in the event Official Programme were different on the day. I have now corrected the Competitors Database and will update this section of the website in the near future.
    Despite containing nearly 10,000 records the database in very much "work in progress" and I am continually adding christian names and registration numbers.
    I am finding information regarding the early Tour of Dean rallies very difficult to find, and as Colin Green said to me " we were too busy doing it to record it."

I must acknowledge the help received from "FAL"

Neil Henderson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrally
    For sure, Ari Vatanen, drove the LAR 801 P ! A photo in Motoring News atested it !

Best regards
    Jorge
    I am delighted that Forum Members are visiting The Dean Rallies website for reference purposes, and I apologize for the slight inaccuracy in this matter. As Steve Boyd suggested the listing in the event Official Programme differed on rally day. I have corrected my Competitors Database and will update the website in the near future.

Despite containing nearly 10,000 entries the database in still "work in progress" and I am constantly adding detail, particularly christian names and registration numbers.

I would welcome any information from Forum Members to enhance this section.

I have encountered difficulty in finding information regarding the early Tour of Dean rallies, and Colin Green told me "we were too busy doing it to record it."

I must acknowledge "FAL" for his contribution to this project.

Neil Henderson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello, I'm looking for some information about the 1965 three cities Rally.I've got the results but It would be great to know something about the route and some pictures also would be awsome.I've got a Mini cooper s which I want to be a perfect replica of the one which has won that rally, therefore any info especially pictures could help a lot...

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Hi Neil. I still can't open the Dean "Competitors Database"; just get the message "Bad encrypt dictionary" - which means nothing to me! Must update to latest version of Adobe Reader and see if that fixes it.
    I'm about to return to a project to attach as many registration numbers as possible to RAC and Gulf entries (in the days when cars were not reshelled so often with the same number...). Several on here have an interest in such data (I recall telling Jorge about 4 years ago I would send my data when I'd got as far as I could - time flies!). You're welcome to it for the years the RAC and Gulf visited the Dean but it's something that will never be complete!

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedymtx
    Hello, I'm looking for some information about the 1965 three cities Rally.I've got the results but It would be great to know something about the route and some pictures also would be awsome.I've got a Mini cooper s which I want to be a perfect replica of the one which has won that rally, therefore any info especially pictures could help a lot...
    There is one photo of the 65 Munich-Vienna-Budapest winner (CRX89B) in Bill Price's book on the BMC Comps Dept. Some unusual features are large door-size white numbers on the bonnet, external air horns and a larger than usual Finnish flag on the nearside (Aaltonen's) wing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello to you all!

Can someone help me with info regarding three Volvo 343, in the 1978 International Police Rally??
    I think it was held in Belgium..

#26 2nd Rolf Lindholm / ? Regnr: JTS 562
    #? 3rd Lennart Runestig / ? Regnr: ?
    #? 14th Göran Tyrbjörn / Åke Blomkvist Regnr: EZS 424

Best regards: Volvo in Motorsport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good morning !

I would like to know if someone have the complete results (over 30th place) of RAC Rally 1969 that could share !

Thank You in advance
    Best regards
    Jorge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am looking for entry/starting lists from Rajd Polski (Polish Rally, Rally Poland) 1970. 1985.
    Anybody can help me, please?
    Thank You in advance
    and regards
    Janusz