Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The drivers in CCWS and F1 have both complained that the optionals degrade too quickly. If they made the "option tire" the current tire and made the new "standard" tire a two stint tire (less marbles), I think they would get the effect they were originally trying for. A tire you want to use for the part of the race where you want to be aggressive. Not a tire you have to use to get it over with.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd rather see them 1/2 the size of the tank.....

more green flag pitstops...and make it take longer to change tires than fuel the car....

* I know it adds an additional element of danger....but fans love pitstops, the break up the follow the leader we see during the middle part of the race, and brings (even) more of the team element into the mix
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't like neither of the ideas. Why imitate a series which died?
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    The optional tyre is a stupid gimmick, I hope they ditch that. There is too much strategy involved with fuel conservation as it is now, I don't want tyres to add to that. I want to see racing, not strategy.
    Preferring standing starts or rolling starts is just a difference in a person's perception, it doesn't make a difference.

Tell me, when did you EVER see racing without strategy?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I don't like neither of the ideas. Why imitate a series which died?
    Why is this considered imitating? And you are assuming that ONLY ChampCar ever used these two ideas. That is not true at all. As a matter of fact the auto racing series referenced in your screen name does both, no? And they most assuredly are not dead.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Why is this considered imitating? And you are assuming that ONLY ChampCar ever used these two ideas. That is not true at all. As a matter of fact the auto racing series referenced in your screen name does both, no? And they most assuredly are not dead.

Gary
    How can a powerboat use a flying start hock:
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't like the standing starts. The option tire could be cool if they allowed you to actually choose to use them or not. Don't mandate their use.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Standing starts, option tires and dedicated passing lanes all lead to better excitement on non-oval circuits. Too bad push-to-pass is off the table.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its gotta be good because RM likes it.

Quote:
    *** If the IRL is going to be smart enough to add optional tires, it's a no-brainer to also go with another Champ Car novelty -- standing starts. They proved to be safe, sane and exciting in 2007 on road courses and street circuits. No crashes in the first turn of the first lap at Portland, Toronto and Cleveland, which always promoted carnage with flying starts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Turbos next???