Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reporting posts

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Reporting posts

Can I just reiterate again, that moderators DO NOT read every single post and check every single link just to make sure it's okay.

Most moderators read and participate in the forum in exactly the same way that any other member does, except that they have the power (and responsibility) to respond to situations when they occur.

Thusly, if there is something objectionable on the forum probably isn't because a moderator 'allowed' it, it's because it hasn't been seen.

If you report the post it will appear in the moderators forum where all the moderators can see it and then take action upon it, if any is needed.

Many thanks
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Can I just reiterate again, that moderators DO NOT read every single post and check every single link just to make sure it's okay.

Most moderators read and participate in the forum in exactly the same way that any other member does, except that they have the power (and responsibility) to respond to situations when they occur.

Thusly, if there is something objectionable on the forum probably isn't because a moderator 'allowed' it, it's because it hasn't been seen.

If you report the post it will appear in the moderators forum where all the moderators can see it and then take action upon it, if any is needed.

Many thanks
    Let me guess

naw, it's too obvious

What's the point in reporting posts when some of the so-called moderators condone the contents?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    What's the point in reporting posts when some of the so-called moderators condone the contents?
    Because it is called to the attention of all moderators.

OK, so now I have reported the three posts containing unfounded and incorrect statements and personal abuse, would you like to explain why a moderator suggests the member who is the target should ignore it instead of deleting the offending posts or tackling the poster?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've just reported only my second (I think) ever post in all the years I've been here. Now I feel a bit mean as it wasn't even that bad (but a bit too adult in nature) and I thought a mod had read and ignored it.

That's got nothing to do with the thread, I just felt the need to mention it :
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, so now I have reported the three posts containing unfounded and incorrect statements and personal abuse, would you like to explain why a moderator suggests the member who is the target should ignore it instead of deleting the offending posts or tackling the poster?

Do we know that it has been addressed or even if it was felt necessary to address?

There are some members who feel all self righteous about how people should behave towards other members and what their conduct should be. In my experience, they are some of the worst. (And I am NOT talking about you)

Conversation can become a bit heated but this isn't work where you have to abide to a strict code of professional behaviour. This is play and we can behave with a degree of flexibility within limits.

A word out of place or a disparaging comment is normally within tolerance.

Admin
    A lot of the time we look at reported posts and think "there's nothing to be done here". But we'd still rather have 50% of the reported posts requiring no action, than not find out about something then get accused of 'allowing' comments.

Knock-on is spot on, moderators are not here to stop people disagreeing with you. I personally frequent a few forums where there is no moderator and for the most part it's fine.

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Knock-on is <snip>
    I haver never seen more violations of forum etiquette, inappropriate posts, insults, or hijacking of threads than by Forum Pet and Sycophant KO. It is pathetic to watch.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ah, Tamburello my friend, you are absolutely correct. I have found that when the Forum Sycophant insults another forum member, posts inappropriate content, hijacks a thread, or commits other violations, nothing is done. I am coming to the conclusion that the only thing to do is block him. This removes the source of the irritation. To paraphase that old commercial, "Plonk, Plonk! Oh what a relief it is!"
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein