Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rally Germany - first time spectating - help?

Hi everybody. I'm new here and I'm about to be new to the world of WRC spectating when I go to Germany in a couple of weeks to watch the 2008 ADAC Rally Deutschland. I'm a little nervous about a few things still and I was wondering if someone could provide me with a little advice.

1) I ordered my tickets some time ago and they haven't arrived yet. I fly out on Wednesday this week, so if they don't get here by then, I'm going to have to go without them. I plan on printing out my order confirmation email, but I'm not sure if that will be sufficient. Anyone have a recommendation on what to do? Can I maybe pick up some surrogate tickets in Trier?

2) I don't have a copy of the official rally magazine with all of the spectator area locations. I haven't been able to find them online either, but I have a general idea of the stages I want to see and I think that, with some recommendations, I can probably find the areas by following the posted signs. I'm mainly interested in seeing Panzerplatte, Moselwein, and Dhrontal. Like I said, I've never been, so if there are any great stages that someone would like to recommend to me, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, if someone could just send me the alphanumeric designation of a couple of spectator areas that look promising on those few stages, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One more thing...

I've been looking for accomodations and it looks like almost everything is booked. If anyone has a spare tent or other accomodations and they wouldn't mind if four very friendly young Americans stayed with them, we'd be willing to pay for your campsite or room. Post here if you're willing to help out. Otherwise, I'll keep looking at hotels in other towns.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not really sure what you should do about not having your tickets as i doubt the confirmation e-mail will be enough to get you on the stages.
    About now know any good spectator points, i had the same problem when i went to Ireland WRC last november. I bought a programme at the stage, they will most definitely be on sale. Other than that you could try asking some people if they know of any good spots, once you are at the stage... Just make sure you arrive at the stage early!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Try this site:

http://www.camping-metzdorf.de/

Last year they had caravans for rent. The camping is about 5 Km from the shakedown and about 20 min. driving from Trier Service Park.
    Willem Wittenberg | Rallysport Stock Photo
    www.rssp.eu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good news! My wife just called me and said that the tickets arrived in the mail today. No more need to worry about that. Lodging is still a problem, but hopefully, I'll have that resolved before to long. I emailed the campground. Hopefully they'll reply and say that there are openings. Thanks for the advice so far. If anyone else has lodging options, keep them coming.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eselred
    2) I don't have a copy of the official rally magazine with all of the spectator area locations. I haven't been able to find them online either, but I have a general idea of the stages I want to see and I think that, with some recommendations, I can probably find the areas by following the posted signs. I'm mainly interested in seeing Panzerplatte, Moselwein, and Dhrontal. Like I said, I've never been, so if there are any great stages that someone would like to recommend to me, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, if someone could just send me the alphanumeric designation of a couple of spectator areas that look promising on those few stages, I'd appreciate it.
    You can buy the programme in Germany.

Info Points are set up at focal points like Trier and the service park and at the approach roads, for example along the motorways. There you can get all kind of information. You can also buy the rally passes in Gold, Silver and Bronze as well as the official rally magazine. The Info Point positions are marked on the map.

http://www.rallye-deutschland.de/zus...owall=&allge=&