Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

2007 New Car Launches - Toyota

Toyota are first with the TF107

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56236

www.toyota-f1.com

John Howett
    "Panasonic Toyota Racing, its creation and entry into F1, is a good example of that willingness to accept big challenges. We are challenging to create the next chapter in Toyota's motor sport activities.
    "It is too early to talk about world championships and the first major challenge we have is to achieve that first elusive win. And that really is the target we have for 2007."
    Jarno Trulli
    "I believe we can be successful for the future. I am always very optimistic for each new season and each new car. I have heard many good things from the engineers; it has made huge steps in terms of downforce in the tunnel and mechanics in general. So I expect better results than the previous team. But we have to get on track before we can judge."
    Ralf Schumacher
    "Clearly everyone is asking me about the championship - and that is certainly the final wish. But for the moment we are really hungry to get the first win for us, the team and all the people who have worked so hard for the past years."
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

After a dismal season and a lot of learning done it's time not to give excuses engaged with inexperience. Now it's their second season with V8-engines, second season with Bridgestones - elements that were faithful for them in 2006. They have realised that they need stability in the team by signing long-term contracts. So they should have all the tools to start rising. But the biggest problem, as it's in everyone's case, is of course tight competition. We have what... 6-7 strong teams, all of them aiming high. In all of their case we might think that they should do well and find advantages why they should do well. Besides them some disadvantages as well of course, which start to play vital role.

Toyota is said to have not a strong leadership and some have drawn a parallel between them and pre-Todt Ferrari, who also relied too much on their compatriots (in their case Italians). Toyota is a pioneer of their own working method (Honda as the former BAR is more based on Europe racing culture), as they are criticized for being conservative, let's give them the honour for trying something new in that sphere. Dunno whether that system really takes so much time to start delivering or if not, they should have already noticed that something has to be changed. Their goal for 2007 should be to show consistently such performances they managed in 2006 in France and United States. Based on Japanese racing tradition, Toyota is the team, who has to make the Japanese dream to come true.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    We can all think any team will be fast at this time of year, but those claims will become half true in pre-season testing, and will only be proved true starting March 18.

I expect more points from Toyota, but I don't exactly expect a higher position up the scoreboard.

But that's just a guess. :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yay yet another butt ugly toyota...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like Toyota have lost 'AOL Time Warner' as a sponsor -

Their place on the front wing end plates is now taken by a lager 'Panasonic' precense
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I see they've copied Renault's front wing elements, winglets over the front suspension mounts and sidepod flicks, not to mention Ferrari's airbox wing.

Car will probably go like crap, as always. Livery is ugly too.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not the most attractive F1 car ever. If it goes as fast as it is ugly then Toyota should pick up some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    Their place on the front wing end plates is now taken by a lager 'Panasonic' precense
    Panasonic do lager too? I wonder what it tastes like.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Looks rather similar to the conservative TF106. I'm not expecting much from them this year as nay team run by someone as delusional as Howett (quoted in this weeks autosport as saying they had the second fastest car in F1 at the end of last year :laugh is not going to be in a good position.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Looks rather similar to the conservative TF106. I'm not expecting much from them this year as nay team run by someone as delusional as Howett (quoted in this weeks autosport as saying they had the second fastest car in F1 at the end of last year :laugh is not going to be in a good position.
    Second fastest? Some would say that their drivers are so crap, therefore the car didn't look like second fastest. :

As this thread seems to turn into Toyota-bashing thread, then...

Probably you seem to overdramatize. In these days it is very tough to make something revolutionary (like Williams in 2004, which was also a failure). Were you expecting them to be revolutionar? And you can't say that Toyota has changed nothing, even if you take into account only the outside.

1) You don't count the changes inside the car, but for example the engine has been moved forward - they are one of the last teams to do it.
    2) Teams may try to hide maybe some key details from the rivals? And there are two months to go - surely we'll see new aerodynamical parts. The main concept of the car has to be right by now.

"Ugly" and "crap"? If anyone of the other 10 teams launches a very conservative car, then I really doubt you'll use such words...

I'm not saying they'll be great this season, but bury someone long way before the start of the season... Well, I'm just interested, what excuses will you have, if they suddenly might (just might!) start performing well.