Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hamilton V Schumacher

OK, anyone going to finally comment on HAMILTON'S dumb comment? It seems that he makes a lot of these ....well I don't really want to say it but I will say it anyway... MORONIC, self important comments a lot.

I don't like him and while his talent is undeniable his way too impressed with himself blather makes MASSA wacking him today ...wonderful.

Not to mention we all know SCHUMACHER and he ain't SCHUMACHER .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i am with you

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Why do people make posts referring to driver comments, and assume that the people reading the posts will have any idea what they're talking about?

Next time, click on the little button above the text box, with the globe and the chain... that's for inserting a link.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    As far as I can make out he's referring to this quote:

“Michael is someone I have been watching for years, but I can do just as good a job as him and my task is to contribute as much as he does."
    Source: http://www.express.co.uk/motorsport/...s-good-as-Schu

In context it reads as if Lewis has the utmost respect for Schumacher but doesn't feel the need to be intimdated, believing that he's capable of working just as hard.

Clearly he's not trying to compare his results or sucess, there's not a single F1 driver who could claim to be his statistical equal.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    In context it reads as if Lewis has the utmost respect for Schumacher but doesn't feel the need to be intimdated, believing that he's capable of working just as hard.

Clearly he's not trying to compare his results or sucess, there's not a single F1 driver who could claim to be his statistical equal.
    I think that most driver's on the grid would like to think that they have the talent to equal Schumacher and all the other great names. Hamilton would be fully away that he is nowhere near that level yet (he's still only half way through his second season).

This thread is just another example of someone who doesn't like Hamilton and has decided to distort another of his quotes. We all get it by now, a lot of people think he's arrogant.

As for Massa wackiong him? Not so sure. There was only 5 seconds between the 2 when Lewis had a puncture and we have no idea if he was on a preferable strategy. Think back to Silverstone on the other hand and you really can see a true display of someone being 'wacked'
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not this crap again...
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Not this crap again...
    Agreed, there is no way to compare the two of them.
    It's like comparing Jenson Button with Sir Stirling Moss!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    As far as I can make out he's referring to this quote:

“Michael is someone I have been watching for years, but I can do just as good a job as him and my task is to contribute as much as he does."
    Source: http://www.express.co.uk/motorsport/...s-good-as-Schu

Actually it does not seem to be up to the usual "I am (Lewis Hamilton is) the best (fill in blank)"

In any event, when it comes to such self-boasting, no question LH is far better than MS ever was...
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Not this crap again...
    Of course this crap again. If that is the quote the original poster is referring to, any (young) driver who wouldn't say the same thing should be fired tomorrow morning. Arrogant or not (and he is a touch arrogant), as long as you walk the walk as you talk the talk, you can do as you please, as far as I'm concerened.

The driver I hack on more than any other is Danica Patrick. The issue I have with that one is, when she's not doing much as a driver, she becomes a "successful female driver". If and when she ever becomes a "successful driver", I'll admit that her PR team should present her however they choose. Or... someone can show me that race cars can tell the difference between male and female drivers, and adapt their performance accordingly. Otherwise, I'll continue to draw the line between people who talk the talk as they walk the walk, and those who just talk.

After his Villeneuve "oh my, was there a car there?" episode, I jumped off the Schumacher bandwagon and never looked back. But I'm not retarded. There's no denying that he was a great racer. Arrogant or not, no one knows where Hamilton will place once it's all said and done. But the people who don't like him tend to pick the absolute weakest $#!^ to highlight.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a little off topic here but I always find this amusing when people accused DP for not being a successful driver while igoring the fact she's a female driver. Motorsport is kind of a sport that male and female competes together, you look at other sports, heck, even in Golf there are men and women's cup seperately. Let alone motorsport, unless motorsport is not a physical demanding sport, and drivers should never be called athlete in any slightest sense. Really, disregarding the difference of Man's and Women's physical ability is just obsessive compulsive. If DP can do better, that would be great, but she deserves what she's got now and also a great PR for IRL, period.

Back on topic, yep, I want to see how Hamilton handles it when he's not in one of the best cars of the field.