Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Raikkonen goes WRC?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...28102220.shtml

Like many other drivers from other sports than rallying has done previously (Kubica, Rossi), Kimi Raikkonen has stated that he'd like to try his luck also in rallying. What do you guys have to say about that? Could you imagine Kimi switching of to gravel driving?

Personally i think that whould be cool. But as you can see the article above is not much of a source. Seems more like he was just telling the reporter how interested he is in rallying, and than the reporter makes a big thing about it like this.

But anyway, whould'nt it be quite interesting? What previous drivers with a career in F1 have we had in rallying before?

Cheers, Joel Lindstroem

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Hakinen was amusing when he tried it....

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Hakinen was amusing when he tried it....
    When was that? Tell me more!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carlos Reutemann drove as a guest driver for Audi and Peugeot in the mid-eightees, at his home rally in Argentina. Don't think he was seriously into rallying though.

Häkkinen drove a works Mitsubishi Lancer WRC at the Arctic Rally in 2003 (and maybe some other rounds too). This car was driven by Jasper van den Heuvel in some rounds of the 2007 Dutch championship (which he eventually crashed heavily).

As for Raikkönen, he will probably quit F1 after this or next year, if you believe recent reports. I think he will try rallying eventually, but I doubt he really wants to get as far as the WRC, let alone if he could.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Lindstroem
    When was that? Tell me more!
    he drove in artic lapland a few times....i think it was just after he ended his F1 career...he was so fast that he managed to lose from Papadimitriou in his home soil...

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Carlos Reutemann drove as a guest driver for Audi and Peugeot in the mid-eightees, at his home rally in Argentina. Don't think he was seriously into rallying though.

Häkkinen drove a works Mitsubishi Lancer WRC at the Arctic Rally in 2003 (and maybe some other rounds too). This car was driven by Jasper van den Heuvel in some rounds of the 2007 Dutch championship (which he eventually crashed heavily).

As for Raikkönen, he will probably quit F1 after this or next year, if you believe recent reports. I think he will try rallying eventually, but I doubt he really wants to get as far as the WRC, let alone if he could.
    Well Retuman had experience, back in the 70´s, tourism car racing in Argentina included some stages of what latter became rally (at least here), but with little pace notes.

After his F1 career, when Peugeot gave him the opportunity with the 205 T 16, he did not bad, finishing 3rd without prior tests and with a French co-driver he did not know before.

He was also 3rd with a 131 Abarth in 1980 Codasur Rally (for the Manufacturers Championship=), in this case again without test and with an Italian co-driver. (after Rohrl works 131 and Mikola Mercedes Benz)
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Sounds like the WRC is desparate for Rossi and Raikkonen to join - doesn't it say something about the sport?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Mika Salo drove a Mitsubishi in Rally Norway in 2006, not to bad, but way slower than the other Salo (Juha).

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Sounds like the WRC is desparate for Rossi and Raikkonen to join - doesn't it say something about the sport?
    WRC needs some kind of better talent ladder, or more factory drives. As the premier rally championship, I think the depth of talent relative to F1 is quite low. Although popularity has a lot to do with it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's gonna be interesting to see Raikkonen in rallying but I don't think he'll be good enough to compete at the top level. Maybe his money can take him to enter couple rounds of WRC but I don't think any works team will be interested in Kimi.

Anyways I definitely welcome Kimi into rallying if he wants to try
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion: