Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TRD3: FPA World Series Round 4 Zandvort

Round 4 brings us back to Europe at the Zandvort circuit in Holland. Zandvort is right next to the beach and the stars of the series will have a chance to top up their tans before hitting the track.

Sand from the beaches often blow onto the track so the track gets very dusty at times. This means grip will be less than usual, especially in practice so our drivers will have to take extra special care.

Series Leader, Muz stalled on the grid last time at Barbegello and therefore scored nil pois His once mighty lead over Peter Vuko has dropped to just a measley 5 points. Figures crossed he will have better luck here. Muz will be hoping to repeat his victories in the opening two rounds of the series.

Peter Vuko is now back in the series battle. The Aussie has enjoyed some consistent results with two 3rds and a 4th last time out. He has shown very good speed in other series and he should have his first win before long.

Vuko's son Steven returned to racing at Barbegello and finished 3rd. It is unone whenever he will be racing full time or not but some people say he's even faster than his father.

Pole, Adam Sloma entered the series late at Oran Park but has shown some very quick although slightly erratic pace and finished 2nd on his debut followed by a win at Barbegello, both from pole postion. Sloma is definately the red hot favourite for the win here and is easily the fastest driver in the series.

Young Brit RaikkonenRules started his campain with a pair of 5ths and was right on the pace at Barbegello with a 2nd place. The youngest driver in the series is now 4th in the championship just 8 points off Muz.

BobZee has had some good pace recently being only just off the leading pace. As has American Johnny Shell. Fellow American Lugnut started the series with a 2nd at Brands but hasn't raced since due to personal issues. He hopes to make a return soon, hopefully today.

Of the rest of the field Real Illusions has been reguly in the top 10 as has Neil Adams. Another Brit Jon Brown has just withdrawn due to funding but showed excellent pace at Brands with a 4th.

So will Sloma repeat his win at Barbegello or will Muz get back to winning ways. Find out on February 9 20:00 GMT.
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Entry List: 16
    #5 FoxyStoat
    #7 Lugnut**
    #8 RaikkonenRules
    #13 Micheal Booth**
    #15 Steven Vuko*
    #19 Adam Sloma
    #21 BobZee
    #23 El Sween**
    #24 Neil Adams
    #31 Crutts**
    #39 Muz
    #44 Alfa Fan
    #51 Peter Vuko
    #66 Real Illusions
    #82 Johnny Shell
    #88 Craig Nayler

* Steven Vuko unconfirmed
    ** Lugnut, Micheal Booth, El Sween and Crutts will be deleted from the entry list if they don't compete this round.

Same rules as usual apply, 14 lap race.

Good Luck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Times from Alfa Fan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re FAP Rd 4 Practice/Qualifying Sessions

A few teams have already arrived at Norisring for Rd 4 of the FPA series. Practice sessions have begun. Once again the Pole Adam Sloma is showing the way. The top 4 times so far : 1. A.Sloma 1m.14.58 2. P.Vuko 1m.14.81 3.BobZee 1m.15.28 4. J.Shell 1m.19.02.
    This is a very difficult track to master & a good set up is vital. R/R, Vuko Jnr are expecting to arrive today - we hope to see some quick times from them. Muz is still sorting out the problems on his car from last Rd but he is confident of getting to the grid. Rumours are that US driver Lugnut may make to this Rd. More info on the practice sessions in the next few days.
    WINNER: *V8 Supercar 2006,2007 *DTM 2006,Runner Up 2007 *BTCC 2006 *Clio 2006/7 *RoC 2006 *GT's 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another Pole, Piotr Borkowski has just sent me a PM requesting an entry. According to the codeys website he is rivaling Sloma at most FPA tracks.

Entry List: 17
    #5 FoxyStoat
    #7 Lugnut**
    #8 RaikkonenRules
    #12 Piotr Borkowski
    #13 Micheal Booth**
    #15 Steven Vuko*
    #19 Adam Sloma
    #21 BobZee
    #23 El Sween**
    #24 Neil Adams
    #31 Crutts**
    #39 Muz
    #44 Alfa Fan
    #51 Peter Vuko
    #66 Real Illusions
    #82 Johnny Shell
    #88 Craig Nayler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The top 5 times:
    1. A. Sloma 1:14.45
    2. P. Borkowski 1:14.46
    3. P. Vuko 1:14.81
    4. Bob Zee 1:15.28
    5. J. Shell 1:19.02

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1 tenth !!

Looks like I need to again master Zandvoort in Palmer Audi. I must improve my setup because I'm not good setup maker.
    The racer69 TRD3 2007 DTM Champion
    http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/dtm.php

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PiotrB
    1 tenth !!

1 hundreth of a tenth you mean

and how the heck do you do a 1:14??

i'm lapping a 1:23 with default settings..
    How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re FPA times

With a good set up, using the boost at the right time & taking the right lines.. Hey real_illusions I'll pm you details of my current set up tonight. I did a 1.14.8 & there is room for improvement. Oh, welcome to Piotr - the Poles will be hard to beat!!
    WINNER: *V8 Supercar 2006,2007 *DTM 2006,Runner Up 2007 *BTCC 2006 *Clio 2006/7 *RoC 2006 *GT's 2006

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I also think that there is a big advantage in these cars if you have a decent steering wheel. It allows you to turn in sharper. apparently
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!