Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Open letter to Richard Garvie aka Tallboy aka Racing Rivals...

Richard,

You’ll no doubt be interested to hear how the Farnborough Show went at the weekend, given how committed you are to the V8 Trophy series.

The great news is that it went extremely well, with thousands of fans crowding the display throughout both days, especially when we started the engines and made a noise to rival most of the roar from the air!

We’ve all got bad backs from lifting hundreds of spindly (and not so spindly!) children in and out of the cars, and there’s no doubt that many of the resulting photos will show up online and provide much-needed PR.

It would have been nice to have had more cars there, but you can’t blame Colin White for pulling out after you conned us all with your fairy stories about sponsorship from Mars. For all the truth in that one, maybe you meant the planet, rather than the confectionery giant. We’re just kicking ourselves for being drawn in again by your elaborate fabrications.

Of course, you were always going to get found out in the end, and your silence when you were asked to transfer the non-existent funds last week said all we needed to know.

Anyway, the other really good news is that we’ve finally been able to rid ourselves of one of the most persistently irritating dreamers to blight our concerted efforts to rebuild our great series. Any remaining shred of credibility we may have been allowing your unfeasible yarns has now completely disappeared.

I would imagine you’re a little disappointed, as you no longer have an audience to play out your weird fantasies to. In case you’re left with any doubt over the result of your actions of the last couple of weeks, let me spell it out to you –

Nobody involved with the V8 Trophy series, Rockingham, or oval racing in the UK in general, will ever take you seriously again. In fact, nobody even wants to see you, hear you or speak to you again!

(Actually, that’s not strictly true, as quite a few people I met at the weekend would like to have a very brief one-way conversation with you. I think there was also some mention of a desire to insert a wheel gun in a completely inappropriate hole, but I was too squeamish to listen to it all. I hope I managed to convince them that paying you any further attention was more than you deserved, and would give you a completely unjustified opportunity to make up some more semi-plausible stories)

So, this is goodbye from all of us. Feel free to turn your attentions to another hobby where your over-active imagination can run wild. You’re also welcome to buy a ticket to come and watch us anytime, if only to marvel at how we could possibly have managed without you!

Yours with great relief,

Skid, Duane, Tony, Neil, all the car owners, drivers and fans.
    There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don’t.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AMEN. Don't forget the crew that turned out this weekend that would like to say goodbye to the idiot to.
    make love not war.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry mate; I knew I shouldn't have made a list at the bottom. I know you guys have felt the pain as much as anyone...I was including all the crews as fans, cos that's what you are - like us all - or you wouldn't do it!

Anyway here's a pic to be going on with!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Amen to that! Add me to the list Skid, the berk took me for a ride too.
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    Amen to that! Add me to the list Skid, the berk took me for a ride too.
    It's strange how we can all leave our common-sense commercial heads at home when it comes to our passion for motorsport. I've always felt somehow more vulnerable to rip-off artists and fraudsters when I'm at a race track.

Anyway, we missed you at the weekend! Won any prizes with your pussy this year?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't forget that "FunCoast Radio" used to be "Fantasy FM". Say no more.
    Communique from Belfast ends. So it does.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the berk took me for a ride too.
    Was it any good????!!!
    make love not war.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the berk took me for a ride too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractorboy.
    Was it any good????!!!
    ahum, Mr Moderator? The whole tone of this post is going downhill rapidly
    LOL!
    2009? wriggly-wriggly for MSVR
    2010? the same unless something of interest returns to "The Rock"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't push your luck, lads!

Skid is right though, sometimes heart rules head and things end up going a bit pear-shaped.

Sorry couldn't make it at the weekend Skid, I'd been booked to steward. Madam has done quite well for herself this year, BTW.
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

I'm down £700 thanks to this dreamer!

Once I realised I'd been conned and researched a few of his schemes and past jobs in the radio industry, I could see he was "sick". Is anyone doing anything to make sure he doesn't carry on conning others? Surely where money is involved, there's a crime!

LukeCern Torquay